"The Rock" Gibraltar by Kettleman
Gibraltar Travel Guide: 1,133 reviews and 2,279 photos
As someone born British and also a European at heart, I have some difficulty resolving an inner conflict that rages about the status of Gibraltar.
On the one hand, the Gibraltarians should have the right to decide whether they say under the British flag or whether they go back under Spanish rule. A third way is that they are part of Europe, so why aren’t they afforded the same rights, as Croatia and Slovenia were to resign from Yugoslavia?
But that aside, the Gibraltar I have visited a few times, and always through the not very pretty and seedy looking La Linea, has always been like a piece of England in a setting that Englishmen would love to have everyday. Warm sea and sun, plenty of SUN!
It also gives visitors a chance to shop in Marks & Spencer, use the pound to buy things and enjoy some English food… if that’s what you are into.
A cousin served in the RAF on Gib for a few years and apart from his time on Cyprus he reckoned it was his best posting.
- Pros:LIttle bit of Britain in the sun
- Cons:LIttle bit of Britain in the sun
- In a nutshell:LIttle bit of Britain in the sun
”The labyrinth of tunnels inside the Rock of Gibraltar known as the Great Siege Tunnels is perhaps the most ingenious... more travel advice
There is a toll on the upper rock that costs £5 per car and I can't remember how much they rushed me for on the... more travel advice
Kettleman's Related Pages
Gibraltar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gibraltar - The Rock"
- "A brief history..."
- "Gibraltar - A British Colony"
- "Gibraltar - Home of the Rock"
- "Gibraltar - Still a British Colony"
- "Gibraltar - not the best weather but still great!"
- "Britannia on the Iberian Peninsula"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gibraltar
- Hotels in Gibraltar
- Transportation in Gibraltar
- Nightlife in Gibraltar
- Restaurants in Gibraltar
- Shopping in Gibraltar
- Warnings and Dangers in Gibraltar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gibraltar
- 5 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Gibraltar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gibraltar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hythe Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 17 photos
- Brno Intro, 23 reviews, 15 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Ieper Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heiligenblut Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Dover Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Gibraltar hotel reviews
- Bristol Hotel
- 289 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Rock Hotel Gibraltar
- 841 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Caleta Hotel
- 362 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- O'Callaghan Eliott Hotel
- 603 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Cannon Hotel
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- Ocean Heights Apartments
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Continental Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Queen's Hotel
- 118 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Emile Youth Hostel
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 26, 2013
- Governor's Inn
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 15, 2012