"Whitstable - Two Sundays a Year?" Whitstable by Kettleman
Whitstable Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 76 photos
Many people go to Whitstable for the seafood, oysters are a favourite. The sea conditions off the coast are ideal apparently for the muck eating undersea molluscs....
However, I go twice a year, once before Christmas and again before Easter to take part in the......
To give them their full name, the Whitstable Toy Run Association. A bunch of nice people that organise these two runs, usually the first Sunday in December for the Toy Run, and the Sunday (Passover or Palm Sunday??) before Easter for the Egg Run.
Loads of bikers and motorcyclists gather, usually in the cold, to go in a long procession to children's home and hospitals to make donations for the kids who are incarcerated for the holidays.
- Pros:Good for the soul
I know it sounds radical, but simply parking the car and going for a nice walk along the sea front from the harbour down... more travel advice
Kettleman's Related Pages
Whitstable Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oysters, sailing boats and times gone by."
- "Whitstable - by the sea in Kent"
- "Oyster Town"
- "A pleasant seaside community"
- "Whitstable - Two Sundays a Year?"
- "Clapboard and seafood..."
- "Weekend birthday in Whitstable"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Whitstable
- Hotels in Whitstable
- Transportation in Whitstable
- Nightlife in Whitstable
- Restaurants in Whitstable
- Shopping in Whitstable
- Warnings and Dangers in Whitstable
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Whitstable
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Whitstable?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whitstable
Photos in WhitstableSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hythe Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 17 photos
- Brno Intro, 23 reviews, 15 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Ieper Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heiligenblut Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Dover Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue