"Dublin" Dublin by Kettleman
Dublin Travel Guide: 5,414 reviews and 10,315 photos
I've been to Dublin twice now, the last time for our wedding anniversary on 7th October 2004, a day trip from England care of Ryanair.
Early rising and long drive to Stansted, arrive in Dublin at around 9.30am.
Nice bus bloke tells us to get day rover ticket, as it's cheaper. As we go to the machine he drives off! Not to worry there?s another due any minute. Get off at Bus Station, as we were half asleep in O?Connell Street.
Have coffee and then head off to find the tourist open top bus... quite expensive but will save shoe leather... gee have you seen the traffic! ?
Take loads of pics - Millennium Needle (and traffic)
No visit would be complete without the Guinness brewery. Off the bus and in here, and yes, it does taste different to that stuff made in Park Royal in London!
- Pros:Compact and loads to see
- Cons:City centre could be anywhere in England let alone Europe, same GAP and other shops......
To be honest , once you have seen how beer is made you can skip that bit but the Guinness Brewery trip adds a thing or... more travel advice
Kettleman's Related Pages
Dublin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ultra Trendy Capital City"
- "AT LAST I MADE IT TO DUBLIN"
- "Great place - but not the real Ireland"
- "Dublin - The Windy City!!"
- "My first trip to Ireland!"
- "Dirty old town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dublin
- Hotels in Dublin
- Transportation in Dublin
- Nightlife in Dublin
- Restaurants in Dublin
- Shopping in Dublin
- Warnings and Dangers in Dublin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dublin
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Dublin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dublin
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hythe Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 17 photos
- Brno Intro, 23 reviews, 15 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Ieper Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heiligenblut Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Dover Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue