"Murcia visits" Top 5 Page for this destination Murcia by Kettleman

Murcia Travel Guide: 89 reviews and 198 photos

Frequent flyer

I became a frequent flyer visitor to Murcia in the late 90's when my ex-partner lived and worked in Murcia teaching English at the University and a few other places around the city centre.

Her flat was on a small street on the road between the Rincon de Pepe and the Bullring and la Condominia football stadium.

Hard luck Real Murcia finishing bottom La Liga in 2003/04

Favourite times of the year...

Summer obviously would be a good time, but Easter is so much better, the weather is warm and the festivals are on the move... Bando de la Huerta etc....and the fireworks - deafening!

Is this the "real" Spain?

After quite a few visits around the southern part of Spain, often on a motorcycle, I love this area the best. The mountains are good and not too tall and the sea is only 70kms away at la Manga or Cartagena.

If I had the money to retire it would be to this part of Spain. Rest easy, I haven't!!!

• Pros:Not too touristy, no lager louts, good restaurants, excellent and ear splittingly loud fireworks at easter
  • Cons:smelly river in summer, traffic in rush hours
  • In a nutshell:More like real Sapin than the Costas!
  • Last visit to Murcia: Oct 2000
  • Intro Updated May 18, 2004

Comments

Kettleman

“For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.”

Badges & Stats in Murcia