"Arras-ing abart?" Arras by Kettleman
Arras Travel Guide: 93 reviews and 260 photos
What better way to spend an Easter Saturday could there be than a day trip to a foreign country, with a reason to travel and places to see? After a week of fine weather, we arrived in Arras as the cloud set in and the drizzle began.
The idea of visiting was twofold. To hook up with some friends from the Suzuki Owners Club who were there for the weekend and to get my BMW serviced at the dealership in Arras.
Our plan was to get up to Vimy Ridge and look at the monument, museum and preserved trenches. As a WW1 buff, I love nothing better than a walk around a battlefield.
After coffee with friends, they left to find the rest of the SOC team, and we headed to another restaurant called “Le Shuttle” in the Grand Place, had the 11 euro set menu and then in the continuing drizzle went up to Vimy.
The weather on April 12th matched the weather on April 10th & 11th 1917 when the Canadians suffered huge casualties (about 60000 in all) to take the ridge
The weather on April 12th matched the weather on April 10th & 11th 1917 when the Canadians suffered huge casualties (about 60000 in all) to take the ridge.
The land has been signed over to Canada to mark the sacrifice of so many of its sons. Thank you Canada.
A superb museum opened recently made in the tunnels under Arras occupied by the Allies during WW1. The tour is led and... more travel advice
I can thoroughly recommend Europ' Touring to anyone that has a BMW motorcycle and is looking for a competent and... more travel advice
Kettleman's Related Pages
Arras Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arras:Even if not very known the turning is worth!"
- "Arras and its beautiful squares"
- "Awesome squares, beautiful town"
- "A one hour stroll"
- "Arras-ing abart?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arras
- Hotels in Arras
- Transportation in Arras
- Restaurants in Arras
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arras
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Arras?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arras
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hythe Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 17 photos
- Brno Intro, 23 reviews, 15 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Ieper Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heiligenblut Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Dover Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Arras hotel reviews
- Hotel les 3 Luppars
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2012
- La Maison d'Hotes - La Corne d'Or
- 112 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Ibis - Arras
- 153 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Balladins Arras Confort
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2013
- Best Western Hotel L'Univers Arras
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013