"In the Alps" Jausiers by Kettleman
Jausiers Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 41 photos
Jausiers is right on the main road between Barcelonette and Briancon to the north and easily situated for a base for anyone that enjoys a ride (or cycle or walk!) in the high Alps.
In winter it is probably bustling with ski-ing types but in high summer it is packed with walkers and cyclists, plus a large number of motorcyclists.
There is one campsite, a water park that replaces any thoughts of a beach plus a few restaurants and bars, not actually a place for the "yoof" of today that are intent on hedonism!
Ideal for me though!
On the western outskirts of town towards Barcelonette (past the Gendarmerie and Rescue HQ) is a local produce place, it's a little touristy and a bit pricy, but you can buy plenty of locally produced goods from clothes to food.
- Pros:excellent base for exploring
- Cons:not much night life for the hedonistic
- In a nutshell:quiet family holidays
Written May 4, 2007
High Passes - La Bonette
Written May 4, 2007
High Passes - La Lombarde/La Larche
Kettleman's Related Pages
Jausiers Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pastoralisme et colporteurs au Mexique"
- "Jausiers in the Alps"
- "In the Alps"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Jausiers
- 0 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Jausiers?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jausiers
Photos in JausiersSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hythe Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 17 photos
- Brno Intro, 23 reviews, 15 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Ieper Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heiligenblut Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Dover Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Jausiers hotel reviews
- Les Chateau des Magnans
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 19, 2012