"On the Prehistory Trail" Les Eyzies-de-Tayac by Kettleman
Les Eyzies-de-Tayac Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 121 photos
As you follow the pre-history trail around the Dordogne one of the stops has to be the small town of Les Eyzies.
As well as hosting the Museum of Prehistory (see tips) it also provides the traveller with a lunch stop.
Along the one main street and only a stone's throw from the steps up tp the Museum is a small bakery selling a wide range of cakes and made-up sandwiches... plus very nice mini-pizzas. Try it.
A lot of the town is given over to souvenir shops!
- Pros:good rest stop, prehistory museum
- Cons:bit like touristville in summer
Kettleman's Related Pages
Les Eyzies-de-Tayac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Les Eyzies-de-Tayac"
- "Where the Prehistoric Sites Are"
- "A region of prehistoric sites, castles and caves"
- "Cliffs/caves of Cro-Magnon man"
- "On the Prehistory Trail"
- "Prehistoric Les Eyzies de Tayac"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Les Eyzies-de-Tayac
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Les Eyzies-de-Tayac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Les Eyzies-de-Tayac
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hythe Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 17 photos
- Brno Intro, 23 reviews, 15 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Ieper Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heiligenblut Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Dover Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Les Eyzies-de-Tayac hotel reviews
- Hotel Restaurant Le Cro-Magnon
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013