"Great Little City" Portsmouth by Minstrelette
Portsmouth Travel Guide: 281 reviews and 1,378 photos
Portsmouth has wonderful old houses. Several of them are available for visiting (just be sure to check the hours, since most aren't open very often).
Portsmouth is an easily walkable city. Be sure to check out the side streets (like this little alley) or you might miss a bookstore or gourmet shop.
For a small city, there's a lot of artistic things to do here- galleries, music concerts, theatre, etc. Check The Wire (a weekly paper) to find out what's going on when you arrive.
- Pros:can walk everywhere, cute, pretty
- Cons:not a lot of parking- but you can always take the bus
- In a nutshell:Great place to visit once or 100 times
The Isle of Shoals Steamship Company offers 3 hour cruises around the Isle of Shoals (these are private islands, so you... more travel advice
Minstrelette's Related Pages
Portsmouth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Nice Waterside Town"
- "More Behind the sign"
- "LOVELY PORTSMOUTH - HISTORIC SEAPORT TOWN"
- "Home of the September 21-23 VT Meeting!"
- "New Hampshire seacoast VT meet :)"
- "PORTSMOUTH NEW HAMPSHIRE VT MEET"
- "Portsmouth VT meeting September 21-23, 2007"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portsmouth
- Hotels in Portsmouth
- Transportation in Portsmouth
- Nightlife in Portsmouth
- Restaurants in Portsmouth
- Shopping in Portsmouth
- Warnings and Dangers in Portsmouth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Portsmouth
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Portsmouth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portsmouth
Photos in PortsmouthSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos
- South Berwick Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portsmouth Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Marrakesh Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Blacksburg Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Zürich Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos