"Haast" Haast by mountainpoet
Haast Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 70 photos
The Haast is deep West Coast stuff.
Rugged, Green, Lush, Wet and the occasional Sandfly.
Alot of people just stop to get gas there - but there is a heap to do if you just ask around.
- Pros:The Sandflies are Big (you can see them coming)
- Cons:The Sandflies are Big (big teeth, big bites)
- In a nutshell:take some repellant
So you may hit Haast on a wet day. But here is a photo of the sweetness of a nice day at Haast. more travel advice
If you need to feel alone and "blow the cobwebs out" - then the best medicine is going for a long walk on the beach.... more travel advice
mountainpoet's Related Pages
Haast Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pass thru Haast"
- "Southern Gateway to the Coast"
- "Fox Glacier"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Haast
- Hotels in Haast
- Restaurants in Haast
- Warnings and Dangers in Haast
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Haast
- 7 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Haast?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Haast
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arthur's Pass National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Haast Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Haast Pass Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Edinburgh 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Queenstown Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Mussoorie Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Wanaka Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Riverton Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Dehra Dun Intro, 1 review, 2 photos