"1,000 years old" Axbridge by Duffelgirl
Axbridge Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 15 photos
If you’re in the area, maybe visiting nearby cheesy Cheddar or just touring around the Mendips, don’t miss out Axbridge; One of the oldest villages in the region, complete with a meandering high street where houses jut out in strange alluring angles. There are four good excuses to visit Axbridge: to see a 13th century church, walk around a restored medieval house/museum, visit Cheddar reservoir and last (but not least) drinking a warm bitter in the top quality local pub. The perfect way to spend a sunny, Sunday afternoon.
Cheddar reservoir is approximately 80 acres of freshwater owned by Bristol Water, quite a surprising sight when you’re... more travel advice
Duffelgirl's Related Pages
Axbridge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Off the road in Axbridge"
- "1,000 years old"
- "The Oldest Village in England?"
- "Bluebells on the Mendips"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Axbridge
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Axbridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Axbridge
Top 10 Pages
- Bristol Intro, 23 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- England Intro, 2 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- south island (physical feature ) Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Hungary Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Budapest Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Berchtesgaden Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Arcachon Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos