"Welcome to my Scotland page" Scotland by Krumel

Scotland Travel Guide: 12,834 reviews and 28,813 photos

Scotland is a magnificent place with a troubled history, dramatic landscapes and lots and lots of sheep. This fellow here from the Rare Breeds Farm in Oban must have been one of the friendliest that I have come across.

The first time I went there for 3 weeks in 1998 with a friend, and we did a little tour around Scotland, starting in Edinburgh, from there to Inverness, Drumnadrochit and Fort William, and back to Edinburgh with a stop-over in Stirling. We both had only brought one pair of shorts each for the odd sunny day that we might get if we were lucky, but as it turned out we were hardly wearing anything else for the 3 weeks. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. Jealous now, are you?

Since then I have been back at least once a year. I have friends in Glasgow, and we sometimes rent a cottage somewhere in the countryside for a week and explore the surroundings. And there are some breathtaking surroundings in Scotland to explore!

With the New VT and all its new locations I have moved most of my info on Scotland to the relevant pages. Although most of the pictures are scanned in at this stage there is still a lot of info missing, but I will gradually fill in the texts.

• Last visit to Scotland: Jan 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 8, 2003

• ysio's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2003 at 6:24 AM

cool page :)

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2003 at 4:20 AM

Beautiful pictures! I loved my visits to Scotland! I've only been in the winter though, but would love to see it in the summer. The area around Glencoe, Glenfinnan are my favourites as well.

• daarth's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2003 at 1:02 PM

The Highlands are great!

• Irine_29's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2002 at 2:22 AM

I would love to visit Highlands! Your photo and descriptions r very beautifull :-)

Krumel

“Just can't get rid of this Africa-bug!”

Badges & Stats in Scotland

Have you been to Scotland?

Latest Activity in Scotland