"Meath - The Royal County" Top 5 Page for this destination County Meath by Krumel
County Meath Travel Guide: 89 reviews and 270 photos
County Meath is the land of the High Kings. If you are at all interested in ancient history, Meath is the place to go to. It lies North of Dublin and used to be the seat of the High Kings of Ireland who resided at Tara. It is full of relics of past cultures like Neolithic monuments, monastic ruins and Anglo-Norman castles.
Trim Castle is the largest remaining Anglo-Norman castle in Europe, and parts of the movie Braveheart have been filmed... more travel advice
The Hill of Tara is the ancient capital of Ireland and was the seat of the High Kings. There is not really a whole lot... more travel advice
Krumel's Related Pages
County Meath Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "County Meath"
- "Meath - The Royal County"
- "History in County Meath"
- "Ancient Sites in County Meath"
- "Co Meath"
- "Hill Of Tara"
- See All...
- Things to Do in County Meath
- Hotels in County Meath
- Transportation in County Meath
- Nightlife in County Meath
- Restaurants in County Meath
- Shopping in County Meath
- Warnings and Dangers in County Meath
- See All...
Badges & Stats in County Meath
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to County Meath?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in County Meath
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 24 reviews, 118 photos, 4 travelogues
- Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 16 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- County Kerry Intro, 16 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Watamu Intro, 16 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tsavo National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- County Galway Intro, 14 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination County Donegal Intro, 16 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 24 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue