"Discoveries are everywhere..." jverstri's Profile

... and you cannot buy them.

Genuine, rewarding travel experiences come to me when I get around on my own strength. This way, I try not do not disturb too much the places visited, and I still feel like a real traveller. Physical effort combined with mental relief.
I particularly like travelling on bicycle - to me it is an ideal way of travelling around. My personal views on that in another chapter. Also public transport is a very important source of getting into contact other people. And take your time... To do lists, must see's,... - just add up to the stress to do everything as efficient as possible. My best memories were never planned - and as they are unique to everybody else, I have no recipe for the best vacation. But I hope my thoughts, tips, ... contribute in a modest way to my fellow travellers - as I hope also to find some interesting stories, people, tips,... here.

• Intro Updated Jan 4, 2005

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2008 at 6:34 PM

Happy belated birthday!

• Marien27's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2008 at 10:16 PM

happy birthday!!!

• Sharon's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2007 at 3:27 PM

JThanks for the birthday wishes Jan, Now i see that we bothe celebrated at the same day :-) So Happy (belated) birthday to you as well ! Hope you had a great one. (Beautiful Photo in Namibia).

• cpiers47's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2007 at 3:48 PM

Happy Birthday and Best Wishes for the year to come!

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Happy Birthday, Jan! ENJOY your day!

• Fernandocramos's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2007 at 9:00 PM

happy birthday !! We were born in the same day.

• Quinn_CT's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2006 at 2:21 AM

Dankie vir jou verjaardagwense op die 5de Oktober. Hoop jy het ook 'n lekker dag gehad! En ja, Kanonkop is 'n uitstekende wyn! Groete uit Stellenbosch, Karen

• kamfili's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2006 at 5:29 AM

oh and of course.....belated happy birthday too!!!!!!!

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2006 at 12:36 AM

Greetings from Montreal Jan, wishing you a birthday that is wonderful right from the start puts a smile on your face and a song in you heart Happy birthday! And welcome to vt happy traveling.....Donna;o)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!