" MAURITIUS PARADISE ON EARTH " Top 5 Page for this destination Mauritius by johanl

Mauritius Travel Guide: 1,404 reviews and 3,766 photos

ILE DAMBRE

The family decided to catch some more sun this year. So we had to find a spot with lots of sunshine.
Off we went to Mauritius. And what a trip it was.
From the plane we could see the deep blue see, the coral reefs and the beautiful beaches.
But this island has more to offer: very friendly people, great food, rich culture and history and above all: about 23 communities living together in PEACE.
Join me on our trip to the Ile Maurice and discover this paradise on earth. You will not regret it.

PAMPLEMOUSSE GARDENS

Pamplemousse gardens are amongst the 3 most beautiful gardens in the world.
Lots of things to see and do.
Make sure to hire a guide, when visiting. These guides are former workers in the garden and know every plant and flower. And very often they let you in on secrets, they only know. Not expensive at all. About one Euro a person.

CORAL REEFS

The island is surrounded by coral reefs. This and other pictures were taken near Cap Malheureux in the north of the island.
As you can see it is great to snorkle or dive in these warm waters.
The marine life is so beautiful.
Do not forget to take an underwater camera. We used the SONY P 100 with an underwater housing.
Works perfect. If going down for more than 5 meters you need an extra underwater torch. (also available from SONY).

• Pros:Paradise on earth
  • Cons:time flies.
  • In a nutshell:great place to relax and meet the friendly population
  • Last visit to Mauritius: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 19, 2007

• taigaa001's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2011 at 4:11 AM

Wonderful page. I hope I can get there someday.

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2009 at 4:02 AM

Nice tips Johan, did you ever recieve your part of the profit from the movie they were making?? My daughter and son did pics for a hotel advert, they got a free cocktail for it.

• krissy8's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Coin de Mire we found fine, food and all. Stayed there twice.

• Apr 13, 2008 at 8:31 AM

COIN de MIRE; the food is not expectable, this is a tourist trap. Do not waist your money. All our food went back!. Even my toast was put in the microwave. If you must venture inside just have drink and admire the view.

• Mar 27, 2008 at 2:14 PM

I ll be in Le Petite Prince on November2008 with my family. Can u tell me some details for the place? Is it a good choice to stay? thanks in advance

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Yes, Mauritius is fantastic!

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2007 at 11:59 AM

We are frying in Greece! Pun intended! 43C tomorrow! No work yet; maybe I'll sell fried eggs from the pavements:):)

• Pejxa's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2007 at 2:29 AM

hi Johan, Thanks for your tips. i will be visiting Mauritius soon and it helped alot.

• Jun 7, 2007 at 12:48 PM

I have been to Le Petit Prince as well..I did not notice any annoying noise apart from a few occasional buses passing by. The bedrooms are found at the back, so no noise there. I like the fact that it is close to the road, the sea is just 1 min walk.

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2006 at 4:14 AM

Hi Johan, I just stumbled upon your Mauritius pages. Useful tips and some great photos. Nice one. fergy.

johanl

“"Evrything will be fine....in the end "”

Badges & Stats in Mauritius

Have you been to Mauritius?

Latest Activity in Mauritius