"Garmish: a Wank on the Wildside" Garmisch-Partenkirchen by cynthi

Garmisch-Partenkirchen Travel Guide: 309 reviews and 1,055 photos

Wanker's Paradise

It was my birthday, my sister and I were in Oberammergau with a couple of hours to kill before Georg and Hubi took us to the wine festival, so we decided to go to Garmish and do some hiking. Garmish-Partenkirchen is a beautiful resort-type town for winter skiing (or so we read), and has a couple of mountians to choose from. The tallest (and I've forgotten the name) is pretty darn expensive to travel up by cable car, but Wank - the next best thing and second tallest mountian - was a bargin at 16 euro (I think). Beth and I went up and up and up on the cable car, and it was totally worth it. When you reach to top, you can eat at the restruant (and the ticket up entitles you to a free slice of cake and coffee) and the view is spectacular. While we were up there, some clouds came by and we couldn't see anything! Don't think that you can save some money and hike down... This is a really tall mountian.

• In a nutshell:I just went for some Wank
  • Last visit to Garmisch-Partenkirchen: Jul 2002
  • Intro Written Sep 6, 2002

cynthi

“Move like a jellyfish, rhythm is nothing, you go with the flow, you don't stop." -Jack Johnson”

Badges & Stats in Garmisch-Partenkirchen

Have you been to Garmisch-Partenkirchen?

Friends