"Studying in Ansbach" Ansbach by cynthi
Ansbach Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 19 photos
While I was living in Ansbach, I found the city to be rich in history, however, not so rich in nightlife, which probably explains why all of the students that I met at the Fachhochschule either went home for the weekends, or to a more happening city.
40,000 people live in Ansbach, which is the capital of Middle Franconia. There are lots of cool buildings, such as the Residence (of the Margraves) and, a special Synagogue that survived the Third Reich. The temple is located in the middle of the city, so it was impossible to burn down - the whole town would have burnt down with it. Instead it was taken from the Jews and used as a warehouse (or something to that nature). Today there are cameras all around the building so nobody gets any ideas about defacing or attempting to destroy it.
There is also a colorful story in Ansbach about Kaspar Hauser, a man of mysterious orgins who showed up in Germany in 1800s unable to read, write, or speak. He had a note in his hand that revealed his name and not much else. Kaspar Hauser was moved to Ansbach and taught to speak and it was attempted to integrate him into society. Unfortunately, for Hauser, this would not happen, there were many attempts on his life and in 1833 he was killed in the Gardens of the Residence. As mysteriously as he showed up, he was killed. The culprit was never identified.
cynthi's Related Pages
Ansbach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ansbach - Our transportation hub"
- "Ansbach, Germany"
- "Studying in Ansbach"
- "MY TIME IN GERMANY"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ansbach
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Ansbach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ansbach
Top 10 Pages
- Baton Rouge Intro, 41 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houghton Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
- Berlin Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Prague Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Broc Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zürich Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vaduz Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Louisiana Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Denham Springs Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos