"Helleaux from Cynthi" cynthi's Profile
Just call me a lucky kid... I managed to get a Fulbright Fellowship to go to Zurich for one year. So now there is a little piece of Louisiana in Switzerland.
As an engineering graduate student, my travel was frequently limited to trips to reasearch sites (my research is on domestic wastewater... an excellent dinnertime topic), my lab, and the occasional conference. Now, thanks to the Swiss Government and the Fulbright comission, I am in Switzerland doing some research in Zurich.
I LOVE to go dancing. I am a West Coast Swing dance junkie, and I also dance East coast swing, some hustle, and I am currently learning how to LINDY HOP. ANYONE who likes to dance and is going to South Louisiana or Zurich should e-mail me if you would like to know where to go or would like to dance with me!
I am a graduate student at Louisiana State University (LSU), in Baton Rouge and I recieved my Master's Degree in Environmental Engineering in 2003. Now I am working on my PhD and am at the EAWAG in Zurich working on part of it.
I really do love my school, I did my undergrad here and it is home.
In th summer of 2002 I decided to take an Engineering Holiday and went to Germany to study World War II History. While this gave me no benefit whatsoever toward my degree, and all of the professors at school thought I was crazy for going (except Dr. Malone... it pushed back my graduation), I decided it would be now or never. I will never regret going, and I think that if I passed up the oppertunity, I would have missed out on so much. It's all about priorties, right? And I've decided that there is only so much that you can learn at school (although I am not quite ready to give the whole school gig up yet).
So, I went to Germany for the summer and lived in Bavaria. I am ready to go back, and this time, I won't be shy about using my German. It's tough, though, because I know it isn't (even close to) perfect and almost everyone else seemed to speak better English than I spoke German. On the other hand, I've only studied it for two years, so I think that, considering, I'm pretty darn decent.
My sister and I took her boys to the beach in November 2002 and this is what happened...
Brock misses me very much and told me that he wants me to live at his house when I get home. When we reminded him that there was no extra room at his house (because he has a baby sister now) he told me that it was ok, because he would share his room with me.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 123 Reviews
- 105 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 19 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- cynthi and javed are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Angola Prison Rodeo in Baton Rouge Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Just jump in off of the street"
- Posted in Travel Baton Rouge Forum "Re: Baton Rouge Relocation"
- updated a Baton Rouge Travelogue "Beers of the World at the Chimes"
updated their Profile Page "Helleaux from Cynthi"
- Commented on one of Carino's Dietlikon travel pages
PhotosSee All Photos (105)
Top 10 Pages
- Baton Rouge Intro, 41 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houghton Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
- Berlin Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Prague Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Broc Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zürich Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vaduz Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Louisiana Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Denham Springs Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22198 Reviews - 54001 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23037 Reviews - 47268 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7700 Reviews - 19770 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos