"Upscale University Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Palo Alto by Rixie
Palo Alto Travel Guide: 104 reviews and 256 photos
Palo Alto is about half an hour's drive south of San Francisco. As you can see from this photo, it's a mixture of old, established neighborhoods and new business districts. It is probably best known as the site of Stanford University.
This community garden is tucked away in a corner of a park in Palo Alto. Gardeners pay a fee to cultivate a plot, and I'm told that there is a waiting list for this particular garden.
The Sheraton Palo Alto (see hotel tip) has some lovely koi in a pond.
- Pros:Interesting walks
- Cons:Expensive to stay there
- In a nutshell:Fun place to explore
Take a walk down University Avenue and the neighboring streets. - there are all kinds of fascinating little businesses... more travel advice
Rixie's Related Pages
Palo Alto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Palo Alto - Stanford University's hometown"
- "The Tall Tree"
- "Palo Alto, California, USA"
- "Upscale University Town"
- "Palo Alto - Home of Stanford University"
- "GOING TO PALO ALTO"
- "Palo Alto: Not Just Stanford's Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palo Alto
- Hotels in Palo Alto
- Transportation in Palo Alto
- Nightlife in Palo Alto
- Restaurants in Palo Alto
- Shopping in Palo Alto
- Warnings and Dangers in Palo Alto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palo Alto
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Palo Alto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palo Alto
Photos in Palo AltoSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sonoma Intro, 49 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 38 reviews, 92 photos, 6 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 46 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Honolulu Intro, 32 reviews, 39 photos
- Paris Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portsmouth Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ashland Intro, 10 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues