"Brielle - Home of Joep" Brielle by Rixie
Brielle Travel Guide: 154 reviews and 355 photos
Brielle (pronounced BREE-lah) is a lovely Dutch medieval fortress town only 25 minutes' drive from Rotterdam. Historically known as "Den Briel," the town played a significant part in a 16th century maritime battle, when the Spanish governor was driven out.
You can still walk around the fortifcations (complete with cannons). According to the tourist literature, there are 400+ monuments in the town, including a 15th century church. The town also has a canal and a windmill.
- Pros:Pretty and full of charm
- Cons:Don't know of any!
- In a nutshell:One of the Netherlands' Hidden Gems
Children --and people who have children to buy for -- will love this shop. There's even a friendly shop dog: Joep the... more travel advice
Rixie's Related Pages
Brielle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brielle: Libertatis Primitiae"
- "Arrival of Baton East in Brielle September 2005"
- "A day out in Brielle"
- "Brielle and Voorne"
- "Brielle - Home of Joep"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brielle
- Hotels in Brielle
- Transportation in Brielle
- Nightlife in Brielle
- Restaurants in Brielle
- Shopping in Brielle
- Warnings and Dangers in Brielle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brielle
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Brielle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brielle
Photos in BrielleSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sonoma Intro, 49 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 38 reviews, 92 photos, 6 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 46 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Honolulu Intro, 32 reviews, 39 photos
- Paris Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portsmouth Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ashland Intro, 10 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues