"Modern and Medieval City" Bergamo by Rixie
Bergamo Travel Guide: 1,162 reviews and 4,529 photos
When we were staying in Milan, we took the train to Bergamo for a day trip. We were there for only a few hours, which was just enough time for a quick overview, but we very much enjoyed seeing the two parts of this beautiful medieval mountain city.
This is the Città Alta (Upper City).
The Città Bassa (Lower City) is a modern European city, as evidenced by the motor scooters and billboard in this photo. The yellow building in the background is a McDonald's!
I loved this little doorway that we passed on our hike (pant, gasp, wheeze) up to the Città Alta. Note the slope of the cobblestone street.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful Fortress City
Rixie's Related Pages
Bergamo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Tale of Two Cities!"
- "A tale of two (Italian) cities"
- "Town of two parts......"
- "Bergamo Città Alta, what a beautiful discovery!"
- "My 'Bèrghem'"
- "MEDIEVAL BERGAMO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bergamo
- Hotels in Bergamo
- Transportation in Bergamo
- Nightlife in Bergamo
- Restaurants in Bergamo
- Shopping in Bergamo
- Warnings and Dangers in Bergamo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bergamo
- 0 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Bergamo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bergamo
Photos in BergamoSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sonoma Intro, 49 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 38 reviews, 92 photos, 6 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 46 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues
- Milan Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Honolulu Intro, 32 reviews, 39 photos
- Paris Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portsmouth Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Portland Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ashland Intro, 10 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues