"Ciao Milano!" Milan by smicki
Milan Travel Guide: 2,840 reviews and 7,134 photos
I fell in love with Italy last year when we visited most of the main cities but didn't include Milan as I had been led to believe it was "industrial".
After spotting a cheap ticket to Bergamo with Ryanair we decided to give it a try - and we were pleasantly surprised. OK so there isn't as much to see as Rome for example but theres a great buzz about the place and the nightlife was the best I've come across in Italy. Its also a great base for touring (the lakes, Switzerland, etc).
My only regret is that I didn't have more time!
- Pros:People, atmosphere, nightlife, good base
- Cons:Duomo and La Scala are currently being renovated ...
- In a nutshell:Great buzz
Found this hotel on www.booking.com and was not disappointed. Its biggest advantage was its great central location -... more travel advice
We got a great internet deal on this hotel which is graded as a 4 star. Location is great, just around the corner from... more travel advice
smicki's Related Pages
Milan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MILAN - As I've always wanted to visit"
- "Home sweet home!"
- "La Dolce Vita In Milano ;-)"
- "Milan - surprising and fascinating"
- "Visconti? Sforza? Leonardo? Just Milan!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Milan
- Hotels in Milan
- Transportation in Milan
- Nightlife in Milan
- Restaurants in Milan
- Shopping in Milan
- Warnings and Dangers in Milan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Milan
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Milan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Milan
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Brussels Intro, 12 reviews, 3 photos
- Venice Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Milan Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Bergamo Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 8 reviews
- Edinburgh Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Prague Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Pisa Intro, 1 photo