"Angeles City, Philippines" Top 5 Page for this destination Angeles City by whvcebu
Angeles City Travel Guide: 253 reviews and 622 photos
My second home in the Philippines became necessary due to an assignment at the former Clark Air Base, which had been converted into an Special Economic Development Zone after the Americans had vacated the airport field, houses and other establishments.
Looking like a Swiss Chalet this house had attracted many interested parties, when I left the Philippines.
Angeles City became a place, where I feel at home. The entire area around Angeles shows so much of history and interesting architecture, which testifies the long term presence of the spaniards.
Lots of sport activities are possible, even hot-air-ballooning and flying from Clark Air field.
It is only a short drive to the coast of Zambales and to enjoy the sea, just enough for a day excursion.
At the Angeles City "Europhil International Hotel" young Filipina ladies learn to dance various folk dances from the regions in the South Pacific
...military and the nightspots along the Perimeter Road of Clark Airbase, it has a much better background than the superficial tourist may assume.
Angeles City was the seat of the First Philippine Republic under General E. Aguinaldo. The Parish Church shows clear indications of Spanish history. It was built in 1877 and served during the Spanish-American war as military hospital of the US Army in 1899.
- Pros:Idially located between Manila and the North of Luzon, fairly close to the beach
- Cons:Unfortunately to much known only as a night spot for retired GIs and people on vacation searching a "cheap pleasure"
- In a nutshell:Considering as a place to start up business in the Export Zone
Newest and most modern Department Store Whatever you think you have to bring - your suitcase becomes heavy and exceeds... more travel advice
Unfortunately the management of the hotel is not acting according to standards. Service is practically nil, food is not... more travel advice
- Use Angeles as a Center of Activity
- Lots of sports facilities
- Poker Play on "Pedestrians Crossing"
- See All How to go best to Angeles City
- Tricycle Driving with the Most Obnoxious...
Written Aug 1, 2005
Written Aug 7, 2005
Products Made From Tahitian Mother of Pearl
whvcebu's Related Pages
Angeles City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Angeles city is motley ..."
- "NOT REALLY MY TYPE OF PLACE"
- "Angeles City, Philippines"
- "Angeles City/Clark - Province of Pampanga"
- "Angeles City- "Red Light of the Philippines""
- "Just a relaxed recover"
- "Angeles City. Philippines!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Angeles City
- Hotels in Angeles City
- Transportation in Angeles City
- Nightlife in Angeles City
- Restaurants in Angeles City
- Shopping in Angeles City
- Warnings and Dangers in Angeles City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Angeles City
- 21 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Angeles City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Angeles City
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Duisburg Intro, 19 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angeles City Intro, 21 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Berlin Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos
- Makati Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krefeld Intro, 5 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Homburg vor der Höhe Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xanten Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beja Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues