"Happy days we had always during the week ends ..." Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batangas by whvcebu
Province of Batangas Travel Guide: 417 reviews and 2,201 photos
Jumping off the wings of my favorite Beechcraft Musketeer RP 1818, after landing in Catalagan, the airstrip on the small peninsula in Batangas, between the South China Sea and a Polo field. At the time of landing in 1982 this resort in Punta Baluarte was rather small but had already nice accomodation facilities for a week end, to play golf or just relax near the pool.
Hopping around the islands in the Philippines was a hell of fun, as long there was an airstrip available.
Nowadays this resort has developed to a beautiful and frequented all year round resort.
South of Manila Bay going to Batangas shore lines with "White Knight" a 45 ft. sloop racing boat. No tables, banks or furnishings inside, just a gas stove, toilette, and four hanging berths. The rest was sails, sails, sails.
Most of the boats belonging to foreigners were not registered in the Philippines in order to avoid high taxation of "luxury" ships. That's why we flew the American flag on White Knight.
Whenever visiting Luzon island (Northern main island of the Philippines)where Manila is located it needs just a 1 to 1 1/2 hours drive to Batangas. Continue to go to Matabungkay Beach and stay over a week end at Matabungkay Beach Resort. I was there for the first time in 1973. At that time there were just small Nippa huts (small houses on concrete or stilts) and we slept under the "kulambo" (mosquito net)
Nowadays most of the 84 rooms are screened and have aircons with private bathrooms and spacious verandas. The resort is located in the heart of Lian, Batangas. TV and mini-bar are available in executive and suite rooms. Take a dip in the "Nestea" pool. Enjoy various activities -- Basketball, volleyball, darts, billards or just a swim and the beautiful sunsets. The conference areas are well equipped and can accommodate up to 110 people. Warm, friendly and efficient service make Matabungkay Resort not only the perfect getaway for the whole family but I enjoyed to go there also with my staff for seminars and relaxed evenings.
In case you want to go to some small island somewhere in the Philippines, or to Catalagan for example, inquire with... more travel advice
whvcebu's Related Pages
Province of Batangas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Batangas!"
- "Golfers Haven, Beach Lovers Cove,RealEstateDreams"
- "Happy days we had always during the week ends ..."
- "Beach Outings"
- "Club Punta Fuego"
- "mt. manabo adventure"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Batangas
- Hotels in Province of Batangas
- Transportation in Province of Batangas
- Nightlife in Province of Batangas
- Restaurants in Province of Batangas
- Shopping in Province of Batangas
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Batangas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Batangas
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Province of Batangas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Batangas
Photos in Province of BatangasSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Duisburg Intro, 19 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angeles City Intro, 21 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Berlin Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos
- Makati Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krefeld Intro, 5 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Homburg vor der Höhe Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xanten Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beja Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues