"Colorful Grey" Top 5 Page for this destination Wilhelmshaven by whvcebu
Wilhelmshaven Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 70 photos
During a grey winter day of February 2004 I took this picture in the harbor of Wilhelmshaven.
The light ship got turned upsite down during a hurricane over the German North Sea in 1999 .
Repair would have cost millions an during times of GPC navigation such repair was not undertaken anymore
KW = Kaiser Wilhelm (Imperor Wilhelm)Bridge.
This bridge connects the Jade seaway to the harbor of Wilhelmshaven and was built in 1905. The two arches can be turned when oceangoing vessels have to pass.
- Pros:Small little city in the North of Germany with lots of friendly people
- Cons:Due to outflow of industry and reduced Navy presence, city seems to have financial difiiculties
- In a nutshell:Worthwhile to see and enjoy - they do their best to please all visitors
... to the Museum of the Navy. Some interesting inside views are given on minesweepers, submarines and fast patrol... more travel advice
Originally built only as a club house for the sailing club of Wilhelmshaven, this place has developed to a nice and cozy... more travel advice
whvcebu's Related Pages
Wilhelmshaven Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Colorful Grey"
- "My Hometown"
- "Wilhelmshaven: Germany's North Sea Coast"
- "The North-Sea Area!"
- "Beautiful ships at Wilhemshaven harbour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wilhelmshaven
- Hotels in Wilhelmshaven
- Transportation in Wilhelmshaven
- Restaurants in Wilhelmshaven
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wilhelmshaven
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Wilhelmshaven?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wilhelmshaven
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Duisburg Intro, 19 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angeles City Intro, 21 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Berlin Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos
- Makati Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krefeld Intro, 5 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xanten Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Homburg vor der Höhe Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Beja Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues