"Living in Duisburg" Top 5 Page for this destination Duisburg by whvcebu
Duisburg Travel Guide: 120 reviews and 416 photos
During the period before Christmas, Duisburg's city center changes it's face and radiates a particular flair. The large, colorful light displays over the streets announce: It is the Christmas market again! The numerous, wooden huts lined up next to each other make a cosy Christmas market mile out of the boulevard-like Königstrasse, which invites one to wonder. The lights of the stands, amounting to more than 150 yearly, blend in with the thousands of bulbs in the trees of the avenue and with the some 400 decorated Christmas trees. Over everything hangs the unmistakable aroma of baked almonds, roasted chestnuts and other delicious things. The warming mulled wine is of course also present. Over 1.5 million visitors visit the Duisburg Christmas market ever year, which counts as one of the largest on the Lower Rhine
Out and about in my home town in the big city in the west of the Ruhr region, the top centre on the Lower Rhine! It makes no difference whether you only spend one day in Duisburg or a week and you have more time at your disposal
The City gives you a first taste of the wide spectrum of possibilities you have to get to know the best sides of Duisburg
... view from the banks of the river Rhine to Sachtleben company in Homberg (Duisburg)
... who love roses.
First white frost on roses in the Rhine gardens of Duisburg.
- Pros:Discover Duisburg's opportunities, Duisburg has it all and then you will enjoy people and yourself
- Cons:The cons have been gradually converted into pros. High unemployment has its grip on economy, but lead to new ideas.
- In a nutshell:Duisburg has substantially improved over the years and has become a city of many attractions
Even if you are with your sailboat, paddle boat or motoryacht on one of Duisburg's water ways don't drink alcohol while... more travel advice
..... along the shore lines of the river Rhine or the many arms of the harbor channels. more travel advice
- See All Near the Water Front at the Inner Harbor
- See All All for 1 Euro
- A recommendable hotel for business
- A young Team - but making progress
- Be prepared for sudden temperature...
whvcebu's Related Pages
Duisburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Surprising Ruhrpot"
- "Challenger's Duisburg Pages"
- "Don't diss Duisburg!"
- "Living in Duisburg"
- "Duisburg - Europe's biggest inland port!"
- "Duisburg...where the whales live...."
- "Duisburg - Where the Ruhr kisses the Rhein"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Duisburg
- Hotels in Duisburg
- Transportation in Duisburg
- Nightlife in Duisburg
- Restaurants in Duisburg
- Shopping in Duisburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Duisburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Duisburg
- 19 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Duisburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Duisburg
Photos in DuisburgSee All Photos (64)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Duisburg Intro, 19 reviews, 64 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angeles City Intro, 21 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Berlin Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos
- Makati Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krefeld Intro, 5 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Homburg vor der Höhe Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xanten Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beja Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues