"The Land Eternal............Who Knew??!!!" Vanuatu by Geisha_Girl
Vanuatu Travel Guide: 590 reviews and 1,011 photos
Very rarely when I travel do I NOT read up a little on my destinations. Not so much for what tourist sites to see, but I always just like to know what to look forward to upon arrival. What language is spoken, what the landscape looks like, etc......
However, when I was informed that Vanuatu was one of the side trips during our Round the World adventure, I made a conscious decision to not do any research.
Vanuatu had always been mysterious to me........and seemed so very very far away. In fact, it was my point of reference for something that was "too far out of reach." My favorite getaway line would be, "Yep, I'll sell all my stock, pack up the bulldog, and buy an island off the coast of Vanuatu!"
Where the heck was Vanuatu? I had no idea........and THAT was the only thing I looked up before departure. I had to look at a map!
Vanuatu lies northeast of New Caledonia and about 2500km northeast of Sydney.
It is comprised of 83 very diverse islands. Port Vila is the capital and is situated on the island of Efate.
I expected a very primitive environment upon landing in Vanuatu, but to my surprise we were welcomed with a very lively, hustle and bustle community and a beautiful blue lagoon.
During our stay, we were informed by the locals that "Hollywood" has hit the islands. The crew of the famous REALITY TV hit, "Survivor" were roaming the islands setting up for the next season.
Darn! I just missed the casting call !!! ;-))
Pack the Rock Star glasses next to the mosquito repellent! ;-)
Although Vanuatu is considered a very diverse country (made up of French, Vietnamese, Chinese, and other Pacific... more travel advice
The buffet breakfast spread they offered had everything you could ever want with your jus d'orange! There are 2 main... more travel advice
Geisha_Girl's Related Pages
Vanuatu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I fell in love with Vanuatu..."
- "Vanuatu - Pacific Island Paradise."
- "Port Vila. Efate, Vanuatu"
- "Port Vila - Vanuatu"
- "South Pacific's best kept secret"
- "Port Vila Vanuatu"
- "Vanuatu ex New Hebrides"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vanuatu
- Hotels in Vanuatu
- Transportation in Vanuatu
- Nightlife in Vanuatu
- Restaurants in Vanuatu
- Shopping in Vanuatu
- Warnings and Dangers in Vanuatu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vanuatu
- 29 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Vanuatu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vanuatu
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 194 reviews, 224 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 58 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nepal Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Positano Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Île Saint-Barthélemy Intro, 13 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yountville Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanna Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (1)
Top Vanuatu hotels
- Port-Vila Hotels
- 121 Reviews - 255 Photos
- Efate Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 19 Photos
- Tanna Hotels
- 53 Reviews - 82 Photos
- Pango Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 8 Photos
- Moso Island Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Luganville Hotels
- 1 Review - 4 Photos
- Lenakel Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Lelepa Island Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 18 Photos
- Iririki Island Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 12 Photos
- Espiritu Santo Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 12 Photos