"Up, Up and Away........" Top 5 Page for this destination Yountville by Geisha_Girl

Yountville Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 111 photos

Sunrise Over Paradise

Suspended under a twilight canopy
We'll search the clouds for a star to guide us
If by some chance you find yourself loving me
We'll find a cloud to hide us
We'll keep the moon beside us
Love is waiting there in my beautiful balloon
Way up in the air in my beautiful balloon
If you'll hold my hand we'll chase your dream across the sky
For we can fly we can fly
Up, up and away
My beautiful, my beautiful balloon

(The Fifth Dimension)

The absolute absence of a burden causes man to be lighter than air, to soar into the heights, take leave of the earth and his earthly being, and become only half real, his movements as free as they are insignificant.

The lightness/weight opposition is the most mysterious of them all....

The spirit of flight. Floating in a sea of tranquility. There is no movement of air for you have become the wind.

How does one top an evening chasing the moon under a Castilian starlight night ? With a walk through the clouds over Paradise, of course....

Sunrise

Your day starts at the crack of dawn. You need to beat the sunrise in order to watch it from the clouds.

With precision and care, the balloons are set up and filled with the lightness that will carry you off to a new perspective.

A Different View

From 120,000 to 210,000 cubic feet in volume and standing about 70 feet tall.

• Last visit to Yountville: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Oct 13, 2003

• Anchovy56's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2006 at 10:02 AM

Well I would say that for me they would suck as straws, but to each his own...I could banter with you all day and not get one bit tired...Hows that for stamina? :o)

• Dec 15, 2005 at 1:28 PM

It must've been nice to be up and away in paradise, G_G! A wonderful page. Thank you. Right now, I hope you are enjoying the madness.:)

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2004 at 12:07 PM

As close to Santa Rosa as you get... wasn't that sweet that Dad and Linda sang My Romance? Awww... I'm a lucky girl!

• cazz38's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2004 at 6:57 AM

HI,FANTASTIC PHOTOS.

• ChuckG's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2004 at 9:13 PM

How about the spiciest Scezhuan restaurant you have ever been too ? Pain guaranteed !

• Aug 13, 2004 at 3:01 AM

i see your still 'floating' all over the world GG :)

• Docu2001's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2004 at 7:42 PM

I love coming back ... Doc

• Sonador3's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2004 at 10:23 PM

Yes, but if you did that, you never know what can of worms you'd open up!!! BTW, I might as well rate some Yountville pages, as long as i'm here... OK, done...great Hot Air Balloon pics!!! And champagne tours!! Yes!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2004 at 5:35 PM

Thanks for a step-by-step tour of your wonderful, exciting experience. It gives one a "high" just reading it.

• Johnny_CA's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2004 at 6:36 PM

There was a great shortstop who played with the Milwaukee Brewers, his name was Robin Yount. I wondered if they named that town after him?

Geisha_Girl

“If you always heed the fears of others, you will never end up doing anything different”

Badges & Stats in Yountville

Have you been to Yountville?

Latest Activity in Yountville