"GEISHA from the BLOCK!" Vallejo by Geisha_Girl

Vallejo Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 88 photos

V-TOWN is my HOMETOWN

I grew up in the suburbia community of Vallejo, CA. It's a 45 minute drive from San Franciso and seemed like such a world away.

So many happy childhood memories there that formed me into the person I am today. Those were the days when we were allowed to be children. It was perfectly okay.

Our parents knew we were safe during our walks to school. The only time we would stay indoors is if there was a downpour. The days seemed longer and the nights came too soon.

It was a time when you knew all your neighbors and weren't cooped up indoors fiddling with a joystick or a digital cable box.

Nature was our entertainment.......so was Dodge Ball...and Kick ball.......and Drive-In theaters......and hanging out under the trees on Saturday afternoon with your friends..........and truly HAPPY HALLOWEENS when children were allowed to enjoy the spookful night...and feel safe.

This was one of my "Halloween Nights of Revelry." Probably 3 years old here......and still into making such a *fashion statement* with my outfits (check out those stylin' shoes!)

Christmas in V-Town

Family Christmas. It's the event I look forward to the most! The house is always filled with Mom's cooking, Dad's cleaning, the Grandkids playing, and us siblings belly-aching laughter.

Our family tree is growing constantly. So much that the Christmas presents can no longer fit just under the tree!!

Coolest Aunt on the Planet!

These are my pride and joy. My little "rugrats." My brothers and sister created some gorgeous and WACKY offspring.

I guess all that wackiness just runs in the family.......

• Intro Updated Mar 10, 2003

• Norali's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2004 at 9:03 AM

How is the 11th rugrat growing ? --> Hmm.. Educational trip to Paris for the kids ? Sounds familiar :) Got here by chance and found some past... Nice ! The stylish shoes, got similar in black and red.

• A4ASHWIN's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2004 at 10:34 PM

Hey G, That was a wonderful writeup. In fact u made me walk down the memory lane...I was just washed away by the floods of nostalgia....DAMN...(Pun Unintended)

• Apr 3, 2004 at 8:59 AM

You described your childhood like if it had happened back in 1898... funny choice of a date.. the date Spain lost the Philippines... ;-).. and Cuba... Jesus!!! that was a bad year for us now that I think about it. What a disaster!

• kylian74's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2004 at 12:43 PM

Ohh G..I followed NL track and found this cute page!! big fam and cutie little Rochelle, Kyle's coming Tita VIxen!!!!..is that ok!.:-)

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2004 at 11:17 PM

Rochelle, don't you be calling all those kids in Vallejo "rugrats" hey they are Valley Joeans born and bred...... now what about the pictures (geez I'm a nudge about this aren't I ;O))))))

• Johnny_CA's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2004 at 8:59 PM

Oh the simple things in life. I need to get back to my Cheerio days!

• ChuckG's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2004 at 11:09 PM

Viva Vallejo, the best gas price in town ; )

• Guantanamera's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2004 at 11:27 AM

"Miniature Parisian geishas summoning Mothra to aid the Oakland Raiders"

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2004 at 10:37 PM

Finally Oiran's Mama-san revealed !!! Cute kids, there Rochelle, especially the little one...

• Santa-Claus's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2003 at 2:01 PM

This is my kind of page, ho ho ho!

Geisha_Girl

“If you always heed the fears of others, you will never end up doing anything different”

Badges & Stats in Vallejo

Have you been to Vallejo?

Latest Activity in Vallejo