San Rafael Things to Do Tips by Geisha_Girl Top 5 Page for this destination
San Rafael Things to Do: 40 reviews and 62 photos
The Hostesses with the.....er.....Mostesess (??)
Here are the hard-working Hostesses of the event!
Jessica was the PASTRY CHEF EXTRAORDINAIRE and baked all kinds of wonderful, exotic goodies!
Annapet was her usual Galloping Gourmet Chef and prepared wonderful Hawaiian delicacies for us.
Baby Chito just did what he does best: Pose there and look GOOOOOOD!!! ;-)
Who wants Yubert's autograph?
Of course, no VT meeting is complete without the mandatory "sigining of the postcards" session. Always allow yourself at least half an hour to get through all the signatures and sign the postcards that will be sent to our friends from across the globe!
I'm always amazed at this tradition. I receive postcards all the time unexpectedly and it always manages to bring a warm smile!
Just another way to bridge the gaps between the countries and to spread the FUN to our friends around the globe!
I'm not a REAL Geisha, Manny!
If you ever have the pleasure of meeting this fellow VTer, ets (Manny), consider yourself lucky!
A man full of a wealth of experiences and many tales to tell about his golf games at St. Andrews........his heyday around the "backstreets" of Gion where he was entertained by REAL Geishas.......and that moment in time when he caught "the BIG one"........check out Manny's pages and be amazed at the way the man tells his tales......
His *secret dream?* To one day party in Russia just like the Spaniard did!!! ;-)
For you Manuel......
Here's Annapet and me enjoying a moment with our Mai Tais.
Let's just call this "the calm before the storm"....one minute we're sipping Mai Tais.....next minute we're Go-Go dancing on top of tables in front of THE POPE!!!
Never a dull moment around Annamation, let me tell ya !
We wanted to hear "Beyond the Sea" Manny!
Our resident MOONDOGGY ( aka VT's ets bka Manny) brings his lovely wife to the outing. Clad in official *Lu'au* gear, we tried to find the closest thing to the Ukelele so we can hear our *crooner* belt out a few Don Ho's Greatest Hits.
Alas, no instrument to be found........we'll catch you next time Manny!
Another MANWICH for GG!!
Well......the conversation started out at one of our monthly "Dine About Town" outings. This one was at Roxanne's Restaurant in Larkspur.
At the dinner table, Jessicadf had mentioned to us that she and Annapet thought about throwing a *clambake* Hawaiian Lu'au style for the next month's outing! CLAMBAKE!! Woo-hoo!! Immediately we had visions of Frankie and Annette, Tammy and the Bachelor, and Moondoggy and his posse in our heads with the scent of campfires and Mai Tais filling the air!
After a couple of months planning, the fine ladies of Marin pulled it off !!! The clambake turned into a full on LOONEY LU'AU with all the fixins to turn a great idea into a GREAT party!
Good food, wonderful people, and lively music combined made for another memorable VT event!
Thank you to Jessicadf and Annapet for showing, once again, that CALIFORNIA KNOWS HOW TO PARTAYYYYYYY!!
More Reviews (1)
Geisha_Girl's Related Pages
San Rafael Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Rafael CA"
- "Once upon a time this was home sweet home"
- "San Rafael - Hub of Marin"
- "A week in San Rafael"
- "A little HAWAIIAN in San Rafael"
- "A Little Bit of Hawaii - VT Luau, July 26, 2003"
- "Loony Lu'au and a Weekend to beat all."
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Rafael
- Hotels in San Rafael
- Transportation in San Rafael
- Nightlife in San Rafael
- Restaurants in San Rafael
- Shopping in San Rafael
- Warnings and Dangers in San Rafael
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Rafael
- 7 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to San Rafael?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Rafael
- Posted in Travel Bend Forum "Re: Favorite Hikes"
- Commented on one of jessicadf's San Rafael travel pages
- Wrote a Review What happens when the sun goes down? in San Rafael Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "What happens when the sun goes down?"
- updated a San Rafael Travel Page "A little HAWAIIAN in San Rafael"
Photos in San RafaelSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 194 reviews, 224 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 58 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nepal Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Positano Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Île Saint-Barthélemy Intro, 13 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yountville Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanna Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (1)
- San Rafael Mission- 3 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Looney Lu'au- 7 Reviews, 7 Photos
- China Camp Park- 4 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Farmer's Market- 3 Reviews, 2 Photos
- San Quentin State Prison- 1 Review, 3 Photos
- Muir Beach- 1 Review, 3 Photos
- Marin County Fair- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Muir Woods- 1 Review, 1 Photo
- Marin County Center- 3 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Martian Civic Center- 1 Review, 3 Photos
See All San Rafael Things to Do