"Singapore Girl!" Singapore by Geisha_Girl

Singapore Travel Guide: 11,464 reviews and 26,731 photos

A blend of modernity, sophistication.....and, oh yes, CLEANLINESS!!! This is the best way I can describe the cosmopolitan city of Singapore.

It has all the diversity of cultures that New York, Sydney, or Paris have but with a much more "spotless" demeanor!
It pays to have the laws so strict there......I heard chewing gum is forbidden? (not sold in any stores).

Singapore is a walking city full of just as many wonderful shopping arenas as Tokyo. Orchard Blvd. is a must-see for any tourist in Singapore.

I made a point to visit the National Orchid Garden while I visited there because I LOVE orchids, and I wanted to be surrounded by them sometime in my life! (Mine at home always seem to endure my botanical wrath!)

This picture was taken during my visit at the gardens when I stumbled upon a "boyfriend." Typical, isn't it?

• Intro Written Sep 11, 2002

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2004 at 9:02 PM

I loved Singapore too...en route to Nepal during a stopover, we spent the day visiting a good friend who is from there. Oh and yeah - how about that airline? I hate flying and actually looked forward to the flight back because of this airline!!!

• Johnny_CA's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2004 at 3:57 PM

By the sound of it...tis the year of the MOFO!!! It's just the start of the Chinese NY, let's hope it's not like this for the rest of the lunar year!!

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2004 at 12:18 AM

Gong Xi Fa Cai, Hong Bao Mei Dai, Wo Bao Dou Bai, Qian Ye Bu Zai! (Happy Chinese New Year, I didn't bring any red envelopes, mine are all white and there's no money in them!)

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2003 at 8:22 PM

Here too... and learned what is under the male Sikh's Head Wrap at the same time! ....

• Nastassia's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2003 at 7:11 PM

Lovely...

• Guantanamera's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2003 at 6:51 PM

I love orchids too... oh wait... Different kind of orchids...!

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2003 at 10:55 PM

Tulips are better than one, but not better than Orchids....

• CLillard's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2003 at 3:26 PM

I also went to the National Orchid Garden. It was wonderful! I just wish I could grow orchids like that in Houston. Oh, and nice boyfriend (statue) in the picture. ;-)

• TravelCool's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2003 at 3:18 PM

What's a botanical wrath? Do you get angry with plants?

• dgeorge10's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2003 at 8:08 PM

Poor guy... all those lovely orchids and he had to run into you.... ;-)

Geisha_Girl

“If you always heed the fears of others, you will never end up doing anything different”

Badges & Stats in Singapore

Have you been to Singapore?

Latest Activity in Singapore