Nepal Things to Do Tips by Geisha_Girl
Nepal Things to Do: 438 reviews and 738 photos
Coffee Break in Nepal
Savor and enjoy a nice, hot cup of Java at the top of Poon Hill!
Address: Poon Hill, Nepal
Directions: Go up the 5,000 steps and keep walking upwards. When you're almost to heaven, stop and follow the signs to Poon Hill
A gutsy Geisha on the edge....
Sitting on top of that hill looking out across the Himalayan mountain ranges.......it does take your breath away.
For someone like me....who's afraid of HEIGHTS......sitting on that edge was a bit nerve-racking. I did it though.
...and I'll remember this view for the rest of my life......
The journey will take place on Christmas Day. I will spend Christmas Eve with my family. Church mass at midnight. The "arrival of Santa" for all of my adorable nieces and nephews. Opening of the gifts. I look forward to this every single year. On Christmas Day, as the family parts ways to attend "Round 2" of the Christmas festivities with their respective in-laws, I will be on a plane en route to the closest thing to heaven I can imagine. Nepal.
I never cease to amaze my family with my wild-haired ideas. I will say, though, that this is the most outrageous one yet.
People always find it odd that I would have such an interest in touring the Nepal and Tibet regions. Given my travel history........it's not quite the "Club Med vacation/Anedote for Civilization" type of traveling for me; and I don't think Oakenfold ever played a gig at this "Party Central."
That is the beauty of it. It is so unlike me to actually go through with something like this......yet it says EVERYTHING about who I am.
The irony intrigues me.
My obsession with exploring this faraway land dates back to over a decade ago. I was in the art business in Honolulu doing a show with an artist from China. His paintings of Tibetan and Nepalese everyday life was absolutely mesmerizing. He had paintings of women dressed in traditional attire working in the fields of the Himalayan villages. The magnificent scenery and colors were enough to convince me that I had to see this world up close.Those images stuck with me to this day.
I've got the backpack ready, the trekking boots, the bottle of Cristal champagne to ring in the New Year, and an undeniable desire for some spiritual cleansing during this incredible journey.I ask myself over and over again: Will my life change when I return from this state of nirvana?
Tranquility on Lake Fewa
After the long, boisterous bus ride from Kathmandu to Pokhara, the Geisha Princess finally arrives in the town of Pokahara. There she is given a warm, friendly greeting, by the locals who are ready to show her the beauty of their tranquil Lake Fewa.
Who says "trekking" is hard?
A boat ride on the lake to help calm the nerves after that bus ride........this "backpacking" stuff is a piece o' cake!
At least, that's what I thought on the FIRST day!
More Reviews (29)
- See All The TRUE "Babe on the Bus"
- See All What's in the Backpack?
- See All Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls.....
- See All "HALLELUJAH.......they have toilets up...
Geisha_Girl's Related Pages
Nepal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Love Affair with Nepal"
- "The Himalayan Kingdom"
- "Namaste, Naya Nepal!"
- "..dramatic nepal.."
- "Nepal, A country I have to visit again : and I did"
- "Nepal, Culture & Trekking"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nepal
- Hotels in Nepal
- Transportation in Nepal
- Nightlife in Nepal
- Restaurants in Nepal
- Shopping in Nepal
- Warnings and Dangers in Nepal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nepal
- 34 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 27 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Nepal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nepal
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 194 reviews, 224 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 58 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nepal Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Positano Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Île Saint-Barthélemy Intro, 13 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yountville Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanna Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (232)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (1)
- Pokhara- 38 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Trekking- 47 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Royal Chitwan National Park- 20 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Kathmandu- 62 Reviews, 112 Photos
- Pashupatinath- 33 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Mountain Flights- 20 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Bhaktapur- 26 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Patan- 23 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Mount Everest- 11 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Bodnath Stupa- 18 Reviews, 44 Photos
See All Nepal Things to Do