"If it's Monday, it must be Belgium!" Brussels by Geisha_Girl
Brussels Travel Guide: 5,645 reviews and 11,916 photos
My only other trip to Brussels had been solely for business.
The only memory I had were of all-day meetings in stuffy conference rooms........then late dinners and being one of only two women in a table full of chain-smoking male executives and sampling an extraordinary variety of beers brewed by monks!
The Euro colleagues called it "Holy water!"
I did manage to take time out to stroll this charming city and take in a bit of nightlife. Actually, I do remember bumpin' and grindin' on the dancefloor to some Top 40 Pop music with our Program Director of Client Services from Sydney, Australia. I think I even did the "Hustle" with him!
Anyways, I do remember having a very good impression of Brussels and wondered if I would ever have the chance to return.
During my recent WHIRlWIND tour of Europe we managed to do a quick stopover in Brussels when we were en route from Brugge to Paris.
The beauty of VT is that you can connect with people from all over the world..........and no matter where you end up traveling to, whether it's for 2 hours or 2 weeks, you can always make total strangers, instant friends!
Our very QUICK meeting in Brussels was delightful and ranks right up there with my 2 hour VT meeting during my layover in Dallas!
We had all the ingredients for a very successful VT meet: Postcards, food, cocktails, and digis !!!!
The folks showed up fresh and alert at 10am and we felt honored that they went out of their way to come and meet us.
In attendance were:
Oh, and the *AirHead Valentine Lovers* balloon made a guest appearance! ;-))
Christian.Lafont shows Ian-Grace (kylian74) and Norali the scientific wonders of EVAPORATION!
(In philosophical terms, Ian's glass is half full.......Christian's glass is VERY EMPTY!!) ;-))
- Pros:Leffe Blond!!!!
- Cons:Too short ! (not enough time for more Leffe Blonds!
Geisha_Girl's Related Pages
Brussels Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More than a decade in Brussels"
- "Say Brussels?? K! let's go to find The Soul"
- "Gothic treasures , art nouveaux - a royal city!"
- "BRUXELLES - BRUSSEL - BRUSSELS"
- "Brussels, Capital of Belgium"
- "Bruxelles, ma belle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brussels
- Hotels in Brussels
- Transportation in Brussels
- Nightlife in Brussels
- Restaurants in Brussels
- Shopping in Brussels
- Warnings and Dangers in Brussels
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brussels
- 0 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 24 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Brussels?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brussels
Photos in BrusselsSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 194 reviews, 224 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 58 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nepal Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Positano Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Île Saint-Barthélemy Intro, 13 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yountville Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanna Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos