"If it's Monday, it must be Belgium!" Brussels by Geisha_Girl

Brussels Travel Guide: 5,650 reviews and 11,941 photos

High Speed Breakfast in Brussels

My only other trip to Brussels had been solely for business.

The only memory I had were of all-day meetings in stuffy conference rooms........then late dinners and being one of only two women in a table full of chain-smoking male executives and sampling an extraordinary variety of beers brewed by monks!

The Euro colleagues called it "Holy water!"

I did manage to take time out to stroll this charming city and take in a bit of nightlife. Actually, I do remember bumpin' and grindin' on the dancefloor to some Top 40 Pop music with our Program Director of Client Services from Sydney, Australia. I think I even did the "Hustle" with him!

Anyways, I do remember having a very good impression of Brussels and wondered if I would ever have the chance to return.

During my recent WHIRlWIND tour of Europe we managed to do a quick stopover in Brussels when we were en route from Brugge to Paris.

The beauty of VT is that you can connect with people from all over the world..........and no matter where you end up traveling to, whether it's for 2 hours or 2 weeks, you can always make total strangers, instant friends!

Our very QUICK meeting in Brussels was delightful and ranks right up there with my 2 hour VT meeting during my layover in Dallas!

We had all the ingredients for a very successful VT meet: Postcards, food, cocktails, and digis !!!!

The folks showed up fresh and alert at 10am and we felt honored that they went out of their way to come and meet us.

In attendance were:

Christian Lafont
Geisha_Girl
Kylian74
Norali
Cadzand
Stevieboy

Oh, and the *AirHead Valentine Lovers* balloon made a guest appearance! ;-))

Yum and YUMMIER!!

In Belgium, it's O.K. to have BEER for breakfast!

Christian.Lafont shows Ian-Grace (kylian74) and Norali the scientific wonders of EVAPORATION!

(In philosophical terms, Ian's glass is half full.......Christian's glass is VERY EMPTY!!) ;-))

• Pros:Leffe Blond!!!!
  • Cons:Too short ! (not enough time for more Leffe Blonds!
  • Last visit to Brussels: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 23, 2004

• Norali's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2007 at 10:27 AM

Just did some narcisurfing over the site and bumped into this page... so short meeting. lol One day, one day, we'll meet up again somewhere in this world. Hello to le Sybarite.

• TravelCool's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2004 at 7:29 PM

People want me where they are, but they don't want to take me That won't work. If I had to go to a business meeting and nobody took me, I'd be fired.

• andal13's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2004 at 10:21 AM

We're waiting for your tips and stories...!

• cadzand's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2004 at 12:41 PM

Eat two waffles, drink three beers, turn around four times and try to find out where is east and where is west..... easy or not ? :-))

• MattTB's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2004 at 9:36 AM

I do like Brussels!!

• Stevieboy's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2004 at 2:36 AM

Jeez... you guys really had beer after I left!!! :-) It was really nice meeting you both - hope there's a bit more time to spend next time!

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2004 at 10:52 AM

Great to read; T-logues included. PJ

• Christian.Lafont's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2004 at 3:23 PM

And we can see the degree of happiness on our faces !! Killian very happy (still beer), Norali quite sorry (no glass) and myself a touch of guilt (beer disappeared !!) , so good !!!

• kylian74's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2004 at 6:37 AM

What a wonderfull text here G_G!!!.. In our meeting I've learnd the mixture of waffle,beer and espresso, PS.I got Kreik..sweet cherry flavoured beer, good combi with the waffle..haha..

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2004 at 9:50 PM

So you met the 'créme de la créme' of the belgian VT members. lol. Nice pictures. :-)

Geisha_Girl

“If you always heed the fears of others, you will never end up doing anything different”

Badges & Stats in Brussels

Have you been to Brussels?

Latest Activity in Brussels