Positano Transportation Tips by Geisha_Girl Top 5 Page for this destination
Positano Transportation: 31 reviews and 24 photos
Does HE come with the rental?
Positano is a coastal town, and there's no better way to check out the coast than by boat.
Boats were our second home and we enjoyed the great hourly rates and the variety of choices. This rubber 40-horsepower baby took us high speed up the smooth bay waters on a warm September day.
It cost us only 30EU/hr to rent........and we would have surely paid wayyyy more if the cutie boathand in thebackground came with it! ;->
Positano is a VERTICAL town and there is only one main (very windy) road that goes up and down and circles the town. My advice to anyone visiting Positano would be to not rent a car. We came across several folks who had rented cars while in town, and they ended up keeping the car in the handful of parking lots located there.
The little orange bus is the best method of getting around town, in my opinion. It costs only 77 cents and they run every 15 to 20 minutes. They can bring you all the way to the top of Montepertuso and way down to the bottom at Piazza dei Mulini. From there, you are on your own to walk the many steps and ramps to get to the beachfront.
The Positano bus drivers are well respected and the most skillful drivers I have seen. It can't be an easy task trying to maneuver the big honkers around the windy, narrow streets. Oh, and when the giant tourist buses come to town? Fuhgedaboutit! Traffic can be backed up for many blocks, but the city buses still manage to make their way through!
Taxis can be quite pricey in this town and you should only resort to one if you need a ride after the buses stop running past midnight. (keep in mind that the taxis stop running at 3am).
I had the luxury of hopping on the back of a scooter on several occasions with one of the locals.....but even that can be a bit disheartening when "Il Carabinieri" (police) are around. They tend to frequently check bikers for their insurance papers and fine you if you don't have them.
Other Contact: Autolinee E Noleggio
More Reviews (24)
- Leave the Hoochie-Mama shoes at home!!
- See All Take a day trip to Amalfi
- See All Always catch the sunrise and never miss...
- See All Dig The Scene
- See All Castles in the Sky!
- Ceramics, Floral tent dresses, and...
- SMILES go a long way in Positano!
- See All Number Two: Don't go there if MARIAH is...
- See All "DA GIORGIO" is da Bomb! (Capri)
- See All Steer clear of "New Age Music Video...
- The Blue Grotto: Pay 8 Euros for a Panic...
Been to Positano?Share your travels with the world!
Geisha_Girl's Related Pages
Positano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Picture Postcard Positano"
- "Up at the Villa"
- "Beautiful Positano."
- "Costa Amalfi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Positano
- Hotels in Positano
- Transportation in Positano
- Nightlife in Positano
- Restaurants in Positano
- Shopping in Positano
- Warnings and Dangers in Positano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Positano
- 26 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 109 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Positano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Positano
Photos in PositanoSee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 194 reviews, 224 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 58 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nepal Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Positano Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Île Saint-Barthélemy Intro, 13 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yountville Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanna Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos