"Up at the Villa" Top 5 Page for this destination Positano by Geisha_Girl
Positano Travel Guide: 300 reviews and 633 photos
It's amazing how this trip to the Amalfi Coast evolved from a simple visit to a charismatic masseuse in London. All I remember was that his name was James. He was a traveler who followed the "surf." He had those crystal blue eyes and the miracle hands of a Greek god.
As he worked his magic down my vertabrae, we discussed our world travel experiences. I mentioned how I just came back from Northern Italy and how I was studying the Italian language. He asked if I had ever been to the Amalfi Coast.........this region was unfamiliar to me at the time. I knew Capri and Naples but never heard of Positano, Ravello, Ischia.
He said I MUST visit this area. It was where they had filmed those beach scenes in the film, "The Talented Mr. Ripley." I remember the film and how I wondered where that spectacular area was.
The beauty about traveling is that you can meet a person for just a few minutes and they can have an impact on you that lasts a lifetime. I left the spa with a body melted like "buttah" and a brand new goal.
I must get to the Amalfi Coast!
6 months later, I am achieving this goal and I'm taking my crew with me.
I look forward to hanging with my "amici," fabulous dinner parties at home, sailing the blue coastal waters, and NO TAN LINES!!
I think I'll send James the masseuse a postcard from the villa........
No words can clearly define the beauty of Positano and the Amalfi Coast of Italy. Hopefully my pictures will. I tried to capture every essence of the lively character of these breathtaking towns and the spirit of our experience during our 2 week stay there.
They say that how far we travel in life matters far less than the memories we collect along the way. I will forever have the fondest memories of Positano.
John Steinbeck once wrote:
It is true that "It just keeps getting better and better".............but it will be hard to imagine how it can get any better than this.
- Pros:The town captivates you at every angle and the locals treat you like royalty
- Cons:None. None at all.......
- In a nutshell:It truly is La Dolce Vita
As always......pack light! Positano is a cliffside town so pack only what you think you can carry up several flights of... more travel advice
Rubber boat, that is! Some of the best times we had was when we rented various size boats....both wooden and... more travel advice
- See All Always catch the sunrise and never miss...
- See All Dig The Scene
- See All Castles in the Sky!
- See All Get on the Boat!
- Ceramics, Floral tent dresses, and...
- SMILES go a long way in Positano!
- See All Number Two: Don't go there if MARIAH is...
- See All "DA GIORGIO" is da Bomb! (Capri)
- See All Steer clear of "New Age Music Video...
- The Blue Grotto: Pay 8 Euros for a Panic...
Geisha_Girl's Related Pages
Positano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Picture Postcard Positano"
- "Up at the Villa"
- "Beautiful Positano."
- "Costa Amalfi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Positano
- Hotels in Positano
- Transportation in Positano
- Nightlife in Positano
- Restaurants in Positano
- Shopping in Positano
- Warnings and Dangers in Positano
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Positano
- 26 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 109 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Positano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Positano
Photos in PositanoSee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 194 reviews, 224 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 58 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nepal Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Positano Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Île Saint-Barthélemy Intro, 13 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yountville Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanna Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (231)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (1)
Latest Positano hotel reviews
- Le Sirenuse Hotel
- 361 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Hotel Marincanto
- 507 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Il San Pietro di Positano
- 267 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Eden Roc Suites Hotel
- 613 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Grand Hotel Tritone
- 88 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Hotel - Albergo California Positano
- 253 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013
- La Fenice
- 180 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Covo Dei Saraceni
- 299 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Pensione Maria Luisa - Amalfi Coast
- 120 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013
- Hotel Miramare
- 407 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Le Agavi Hotel
- 146 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 18, 2013
- Albergo Punta Regina
- 272 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Casa Cuccaro B&B
- 251 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Ostello Brikette
- 70 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Hotel Poseidon
- 332 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013