"Our Gateway to the "Other Side of Paradise"" Top 5 Page for this destination Papeete by Geisha_Girl

Papeete Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 144 photos

We still have hundreds of photos filed from our unforgettable tour through French Polynesia. I suddenly realized I had begun to build several pages of the islands we visited.......but I failed to include PAPEETE! Party Central of French Polynesia!

We stayed for only 1 night on this hustle and bustle island. After staying on the more remote French Polynesian islands for a few weeks, it was a bit of a "culture shock" for us to be back in the modern rhythm of this Papeete. It was an overnight stay in "civilization" before we jetted back to the U.S. and completed our momentous Round the World journey.

Even more wonderful memories were made in Papeete.

Exceptional Island. Exceptional Frenchman

We have to credit the lovely Jadedmuse for introducing us to this gentleman, Henri....A French transplant who "followed the path of Gauguin" and left France for the Polynesian Paradise.

Charming Henri welcomed us upon our arrival into French Polynesia......and SAVED US from our RTW luggage. He helped us store a bulk of our bags so we can "keep it light" through our tour of the rest of the Islands.

Henri runs an "Adventure Tours" business in Papeete, and we were lucky enough to be guided by him on one of his fun excursions (more in the TIPS section!)

• Intro Updated Aug 25, 2006

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2006 at 12:21 AM

Will you be featuring Henri in your new magazine? At least just a blurb to humor Jadedmuse? Then how could she resist buying a copy?

• greentea1962's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2006 at 6:11 AM

Great tips! I hope there's more, though I'm wondering if this is a guide to Papeete or a guide to vacationing with Henri! Ha!

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2006 at 7:58 PM

Excuse-moi...how did you post these tips and not send me a smoke signal?! Love them! And of course, the photos....

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2006 at 11:43 AM

great tips!

• patricia28's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2006 at 4:38 PM

I dear!! I start to read all about this islands because I would love to go soon. Very nice page, huggs from Chile!

Geisha_Girl

“If you always heed the fears of others, you will never end up doing anything different”

Badges & Stats in Papeete

Have you been to Papeete?

Latest Activity in Papeete