"The Island That Time Forgot" Top 5 Page for this destination Tanna by Geisha_Girl
Tanna Travel Guide: 72 reviews and 162 photos
Located just an hour flight away from the capital of Port Vila, Tanna Island is not only geographically separate from its counterpart in Vanuatu, but it is also worlds away in appearance and ambience.
Where Port Vila offers resort hotels, and a bustling central marketplace and social scene, Tanna Island is for those who cherish an unaffected small island lifestyle that fondly preserves the past and follows its own pace.
It's where a peaceful solitude is served up with a smile.
It's a blend of contradictions: mystery and simplicity, hardship and high hopes, solitude and solid community.........that has conspired to create the magical patchwork quality of Pacific Island life. It is a reality onto itself, with isolated beaches, rugged coastlines, volcanic peaks, and unique pockets of local island history wrapped up in traditions which add depth and dimension to its island flavor.
Today it is a remnant of a life and tradition not quite forgotten.
For me, it was a lesson in appreciation of simplicity.
The friendliness of the locals showed through their sparkling smiles! more travel advice
Geisha_Girl's Related Pages
Tanna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Island That Time Forgot"
- "Tanna Island, Vanuatu"
- "Amazing Tanna Island..."
- "JOHN FRUM Cargo Cult"
- "Tanna Excursion from Port Vila"
- "Tanna 07"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tanna
- Hotels in Tanna
- Transportation in Tanna
- Nightlife in Tanna
- Restaurants in Tanna
- Shopping in Tanna
- Warnings and Dangers in Tanna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tanna
- 25 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Tanna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tanna
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 194 reviews, 224 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 58 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nepal Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Positano Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Île Saint-Barthélemy Intro, 13 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yountville Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanna Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos