"Wishfully....Eventually.....Finally" Île Saint-Barthélemy by Geisha_Girl

Île Saint-Barthélemy Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 170 photos

It all started......

....more than a decade ago when I was reading an article in Vanity Fair about a woman, whose lucrative career was working as "Party Planner for the Rock Stars," was deciding on how to plan out her own party and holiday.

The whole angle of the article was, "How does one who's famous for entertaining famous people----entertain herself?"

She decided to gather her group of fabulous friends and celebrate on the magical island of St. Barth's.

I remember reading the article about their sailing trips through those crystal blue waters, and the photos of those pristine beaches and thinking, "That would be an absolute DREAM to be on this island surrounded by some of my favorite people, on a sailboat, and just soaking it all in. I want that magic!"

Going there. Doing that. ;-)

The Perfect Antidote

There were months of anticipation leading up to this trip, bringing friends from all over onboard to help ring in another new and exciting year for me. After what has proven to be one hectic year for ALL of us: Extremely busy work schedules, deadlines, conference calls, new job roles, back and forth trips to Europe, marathon training, wedding engagements, "New Mommy" duties.......this was a MUCH needed and well-deserved holiday in the Tropics for everyone.

As mentioned above, St. Barths has long been a desired destination for me. When I made the decision that this was to be the year I celebrated my birthday there in *Bling* fashion, it didn't take long for everyone to sign up for the trip. "Just tell us when, what to bring, and we're there!" are the responses I received.

The more I learned about the island, the more curious I became. The more planning I got involved with, the more exhilarated I became. The closer it got to the trip, the more excited I became. Couldn't wait to dip my toes in the sand and be spoiled by this luxurious place!

I was a bit nervous about picking August as the time of year to travel to this area as this is typically the beginning of the hurricane season in the Caribbean. My anxiety was smoothed over by the advice given by the friendly folks on the St. Bartstalk Forum. It's a fantastic site and you'll find everything you need to know about the island on that site! They guided me to the best beaches, the best nightlife, and offered encouraging words about traveling in August, which got us the best BANG for our buck because it was considered 'low season' in this area. It was amazing to meet these folks from all over who congregated on this site to just talk about St. Barths. I already knew there was something simply amazing about this place even before I arrived....and having just come back from there, I am now a true believer in its hypnotic spell.

We discovered the MAGIC of St. Barths.....

The Perfect Calm

Being on St. Barths reminded me so much of being in the French Riviera, except with whiter, sandier beaches, and bluer water! All the locals speak French, but welcome your conversations in English wherever you go. You can stop anybody in the street, in the shops, in the restaurants with whatever question you have about places to go, and they will always lead you to their favorite spots. It has all the beauty and sophistication that St. Tropez has to offer, but carries that same small island "warmth of Aloha" that I miss so much from places like Tahiti and Hawaii.

I couldn't have selected a better time to experience this island. August proved to be just the right time of year to be there-----the crowds on the beaches were minimal----but come nightfall, the restaurants and nightclubs were on fire.....the joints were jumpin' ! We couldn't believe how much fun we were having non-stop! It gave us a good opportunity to get to know the locals without having to climb over tons of tourists.

And the weather? Just enough clouds to cover the blistering hot Caribbean sun so we don't scorch while laying on the beach sipping our mojitos----Just the right amount of wind to sail us along those crystal blue waters----and just the right amount of early morning tropical showers to hum us to sleep....

• In a nutshell:Pure heaven
  • Last visit to Île Saint-Barthélemy: Aug 2007
  • Intro Updated Aug 28, 2007

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2009 at 9:59 AM

They really miss you in St. Bart; a French paparazzi thought he captured Geisha Girl topless on the beach, but it turned out to be Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi instead. Happy Chinese New Year!

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2008 at 3:22 PM

lovely little page.

• Marisola's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2008 at 11:05 AM

Here's where I wanna be!!! One day soon, I hope!!! You share a birthday Aug 4 with my sister, Sharon, and Barak Obama, too!

• ChrisRJ's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2008 at 3:33 PM

I shall work on doing St Barths justice by putting my finest effort into my pages. something I have been lacking in doing for some time. PURE RUBBISH!

• xstacey's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2007 at 12:10 PM

"HOT LIKE A CURRY?" Memories of ST Bart's! Thanks soooo much for putting such a great trip together, GG! Stace

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2007 at 10:46 PM

Long time no see...With Loreto in the future plan for 2008 in Mexico. Maybe we can generate a VT meet....

• craic's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2007 at 12:41 AM

Great to see you on line girl. Seems like you are keeping busy.

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2007 at 9:17 AM

Seems I missed your birthday...soooo very sorry about that! Belated Happy Birthday, G_G. Looks like you had a GREAT day!!!

• mesoblonda's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2007 at 9:44 AM

Have a great time girl! Wishing you the best time, surrounded by special people on your special day...

• Norali's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2007 at 11:22 PM

That bling bash... enjoy the birthday celebration to the fullest, Sinderella! Errr...Was that to be said to you ? OK, celebrate life. That neither was to be said. OK, keeping it simple "Happy Birthday & Can't wait for the tales !

Geisha_Girl

“If you always heed the fears of others, you will never end up doing anything different”

Badges & Stats in Île Saint-Barthélemy

Have you been to Île Saint-Barthélemy?

Photos in Île Saint-Barthélemy