""One Night in Bangkok"" Bangkok by Geisha_Girl

Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,366 reviews and 23,038 photos

If you go to Thailand, then I suggest that's all you need......one night in Bangkok! Once you arrive, snag a hotel to rest up, and then head for the outer islands!

I actually spent 2 memorable nights in Bangkok - 1 upon arrival and 1 upon departure. Very interesting city, but for this country, I prefer the peaceful tranquility of Maya Bay or Phi Phi Island over the central city.

It's not such an easy trek, though to get out of the city. To the Phi Phi Islands, I had to fly, drive, then boat to get there! But if you like a cheap, island-hopping, tropical snorkeling type of excursion, then it's well worth it.

• Intro Written Sep 10, 2002

• Yubert's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2006 at 2:25 PM

Oh I was in Bangkok too! And bang I did!

• Aug 4, 2005 at 1:21 AM

lol was that guy phi-ing against the sign an australian? it is the sign of an australian male to get his tool out and 'phiiii' any time any place. i saw one in a carpark saturday night! lol

• ChrisRJ's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2005 at 8:16 AM

Ah! The good ole Fan Tail boats. I loved riding in those things and jumping off into waist deep water and wading ashore onto the beach like Saving Private Ryan.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2004 at 10:29 AM

Nice Page!

• guell's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2004 at 9:48 PM

We're going to Ko Phi Phi also!! Counting down the days. ..

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2004 at 11:57 AM

Lots of fun in your pages, but lots of information as well -- thank you.

• butterfly_girl's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2004 at 6:06 AM

I just returned to your site again and am really enjoying reading about all your journeys!! Great info.

• mamasan69's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2004 at 4:30 PM

Great tips and funny photos, a very well constructed site overall.

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2004 at 4:46 PM

SIgh .. dont you just love Thailand ?? Bangkok's such am amazing busy but serene city (must explore more, though) but I do adore the islands .. am missing them bad !!! Good fun page, G_G !

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2004 at 6:53 PM

Love that spicy seafood . . . although I've already got the hair on my chin. ;-)

Geisha_Girl

“If you always heed the fears of others, you will never end up doing anything different”

Badges & Stats in Bangkok

Have you been to Bangkok?

Latest Activity in Bangkok