"Just Be Yourself....but with a GEISHA Twist!" Geisha_Girl's Profile
Literally walk in their shoes........
or know the woman who does.
"Charm is arranging kindness, teasing, and wit into something that will please the ear."
"A Geisha is like Prozac for your soul."
It was Oscar Wilde who once said, "I prefer women with a past. They're always so damned amusing to talk to." Well, I'm sure this past year in the life of the Geisha_Girl would make Oscar quite amused ....
if he wasn't so dead.
These pages are dedicated to the friends...
(Hey Lemon-Drop crew, this includes ya'll!) and strangers from around the world who have touched my life throughout these journeys.
This is the world as seen through my eyes. This is the world that makes me smile.....
Recent footprints: Seattle, Chicago, Costa Rica, Bodega Bay, Kenwood, Glen Ellen, Rutherford, London, Staines, Bath, Long Beach, Manila, Cavite, Boracay, Palawan, Hong Kong, Ensenada, Lakeville. New Orleans, Miami, St. Lucia, Tokyo, Kofu, Mt Fuji, Yokohama, Kyoto
It's on my list !
On the Roadmap: Florence, Venice, Portland, Chicago, Tokyo, Singapore, Amsterdam, Paris, Rome, Lake Como, Laglio, Bellagio, Cernobbio, .....and STILL eyeing Antarctica!
It's your friends that make your world.....
A Little Bit (French) Country.......
“The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.”
What keeps the permanent SMILE on my face?
-Lacin' up the HIKING BOOTZ!!!
-I have 18 more pages to fill up on my brand-spankin' new passport!
-He always gives that look to me as if I "Hung the Moon"
-I always give that look to him because I know he "Hung the Moon"
-After a 60-hour work week he knows the best remedy for me is a glass of champagne and a back rub
-I know that when I tell him "I want to parachute into the Gobi Desert" or "Help build houses in Mongolia" he doesn't flinch or laugh. It can be done. He's been there....done that.
I smile knowing he can challenge me to journey beyond myself....to reach a bit further than I ordinarily would.....to feel SAFE in taking more risks as I know that I had safe arms in which to land.
September 20, 1998 - March 11, 2009
***NOW ON VIDEO***
"YOU'LL BE IN OUR HEARTS"
(A Tribute to Miyamoto Musashi)
Ode to the Samurai Bulldog
But today the way I play the game is not the same
Think I'm gonna get me some happy
"We can never know what to want, because, living only one life, we can neither compare it with our previous lives nor perfect it in our lives to come."
- From Kundera's "Unbearable Lightness of Being"
"Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life."
- J. Kerouac
"It is not what we do, but also what we do not do, for which we are accountable."
"Total absence of humor renders life impossible."
"I feel that there is an angel inside me whom I am constantly shocking. "
- Jean Cocteau
"...contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."
"The happiness of day is not possible without the happiness of night. Happiness is a shared nirvana......
I Think, and that's why I do Love"
-Manuel E. Brito
A simple kind of life.....
How'd I get so faithful to my freedom?
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
“If you always heed the fears of others, you will never end up doing anything different”
- Member Rank:
- 0 0 3 3 1
- Forum Rank:
- 0 1 2 7 5
- 765 Reviews
- 1,479 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats
- 765 Reviews
- 1,479 Photos
- 21 Countries
- 48 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
updated their Profile Page "Just Be Yourself....but with a GEISHA Twist!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Just Be Yourself....but with a GEISHA Twist!"
- Commented on kenHuocj's profile page
- updated a Kyoto Travel Page "Memoirs of a Geisha_Girl"
- Geisha_Girl and Mir- are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Bend Forum "Re: Favorite Hikes"
- Wrote a Review Your Own Private Hideaway in Punta de Mita Hotels
- Uploaded a Video to Le Soul
VideosSee All Videos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 194 reviews, 224 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 58 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain 77 reviews, 85 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nepal Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Positano Intro, 26 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 4 travelogues
- Île Saint-Barthélemy Intro, 13 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yountville Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tanna Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos