"My Travel Habits" Dumpling's Profile

So what are my travel habits? Well, my current aim is to have two trips a year, two ten-day trips in the summer. I would love to do more, but alas, time does not permit it.

My passion is motoring on the continent of Europe in my own car. My annual trips are in my own car, currently a Citroen C5 Tourer, and with living in England this means a ferry or tunnel journey. Due to my motoring I do not have much experience of travel by air. After my first trip abroad in 1975, when I flew to Morocco, I did not fly again until 2002, although in recent years I have started to use budget airlines such as EasyJet and Ryanair. I'm afraid that with motoring in my own car I have been used to taking everything but the kitchen sink with me, so I have extreme difficulty in travelling light by air!

My 2008 Travel Plans

For 2008:

1) I am going on a short trip to Leeuwarden in The Netherlands. I plan to re-visit the Keukenhof Gardens en route and the towns of Edam and Gouda on the way back to buy some cheeses of those names;
2) Later in the year I will be driving through France, Belgium, Germany and the Czech Republic to stay in a house near to the Beskydy Mountains in the far east of the Czech Republic. It's not very far from the Slovak border. I am planning a day trip to Auschwitz in Poland;
3) My autumn trip is yet to be planned.

My 2011 Travel Plans

2011 is my France year. In June I will be visiting Brittany and In September I will be visiting Burgundy.

• Intro Updated Jun 22, 2011

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Happy Birthday Andrew! Best wishes on your special day.

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2013 at 4:44 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2008 at 2:46 AM

Happy birthday Andrew and many happy returns of the day. Greetings from Lisbon

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Happy birthday to you. :-)

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2006 at 12:53 PM

Happy, Happy Birthday to you, Andrew. May it be a special one.

• Fergie01's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2006 at 12:30 PM

Happy Birthday! many happy returns....we have been watching a show from the UK called "a place in France" quite interesting and beautiful scenery!!....greetings from Ontario Canada - Deana

• spanishguy's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2006 at 5:21 AM

Hi Andrew! Happy birthday!! I wish you're having a wonderful time with your family and friends.

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2005 at 9:23 AM

Hello Andrew! HAPPY BIRTHDAY from rainy Finland! Have a wonderful day and many great travels to you.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Dumpling's Profile Photo

Dumpling

“Keep friendly with all, you never know when you`ll need them.”

Real Name