"seamandrew's Halifax Page" Halifax by seamandrew

Halifax Travel Guide: 987 reviews and 1,902 photos

Halifax is a beautiful little town but the best thing about it is where it's located. Nova Scotia was just splendid. I took my wife there for her birthday and she loved it! The best thing is to go down to Brier Island and go whale watching when the time is right (April - September). The Bay of Fundy is a prime spot for seeing Humpback whales. Also of great interest are the fabulous tides. The difference between low and high tide is astounding! For all you hockey fans, Nova Scotia was the birthplace of Hockey.

• Last visit to Halifax: Aug 2001
  • Intro Updated Aug 11, 2004

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2004 at 1:29 PM

That Whale-photo looks absolutely great... I wish I had such a pic, but during all my cruising I never saw these big whales in the open sea :-((

• mcpangie's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2004 at 7:35 PM

Cool pic on intro page. I'm reading a book right now set in futuristic Canada, so I thought I'd look at some pics.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2004 at 10:30 AM

A very nice page on Nova Scotia! Your tips are 'right on' regarding the scenery and the Bay of Fundy whale watching (its not bad in New Brunswick either) !!

• Canadienne's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2003 at 11:27 AM

Good whale photo. Halifax is a great small city. If you come again, visit Prince Edward Island too. Magnificent red earth and beautiful beaches.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2003 at 3:04 PM

Excellent tips and beautiful photos! I wish I read some of your tips before I went there! I had bad weather though, thick fog. I planned to go whalewatching, but didn't do it because of the weather. I see I really missed something!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2003 at 6:02 PM

Halifax looks light a great place for Whale watching! Cool pictures!

• Ken_Weaver's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2003 at 8:40 PM

Great comments and photos about a place I knew little about.

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2003 at 1:17 AM

Great page & interesting location!

• GirlausFrankfurt's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2002 at 9:49 AM

Very good tip on whale watching

• Nov 16, 2002 at 11:36 PM

Whales must be beautiful no?

seamandrew

“The world is a book, those who do not travel read only a page.”

Badges & Stats in Halifax

Have you been to Halifax?

Latest Activity in Halifax