"Seamandrew's Hacklebarney State Park Page" Hacklebarney State Park by seamandrew
Hacklebarney State Park Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 19 photos
Hacklebarney State Park is one of New Jersey's finest little treasures. Nestled on the border of Morris County and Hunterdon and Union Counties (though primarily in Morris County), this trail filled park is one of our favorite recluses.
While you do see the occasional deer, along with smaller mammals, birds, and various species of insects you rarely see the majority of the wildlife that inhabits this part of New Jersey. It's not to say you can't see them here, they're just not seen regularly.
This park offers a number of outdoor activities for the visitor to partake in. Hiking is what this park is best suited for with several trails of varying degrees of difficulty which hug the black river, a number of waterfalls, and lots of foliage. Fishing is also allowed in HackleBarney State Park with the appropriate permit. In all the years I've visited this park, I've never seen anyone catch anything in the Black River. Visitors will also find picnic benches scattered throughout the park.
Lastly, no trip to Hacklebarney State Park is complete without a trip to the Cider Mill (see the restaurant tip). It makes the hiking all the more worthwhile.
- Pros:Great trails, lots of foliage, wildlife center
- Cons:Litter is a small problem, wildlife is scarce.
- In a nutshell:Truly one of New Jersey's best kept secrets.
There are a number of berries that grow wild in Hacklebarney State Park. I can't say I know which are edible and wich... more travel advice
Hiking in Hacklebarney State Park is the number one recreational purpose for the park. There are several trails, all of... more travel advice
seamandrew's Related Pages
Hacklebarney State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seamandrew's Hacklebarney State Park Page"
- "It will be hard to believe that you're in NJ"
- "Great Park.Lots of things to do.willcomeback again"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hacklebarney State Park
- Restaurants in Hacklebarney State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Hacklebarney State Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hacklebarney State Park
- 15 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Hacklebarney State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hacklebarney State Park
- Posted in Travel Forum "Re: Your travel plans for 2003"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Favorite Spot"
- Wrote a Review Berries in Hacklebarney State Park Local Customs
- Commented on one of marca's Hacklebarney State Park travel pages
- updated a Hacklebarney State Park Travel Page "Seamandrew's Hacklebarney State Park Page"
Photos in Hacklebarney State ParkSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 93 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 78 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 34 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Region Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hobart Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gmunden Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salzburg Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos