"Seamandrew's Reykjavik Region Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Region by seamandrew
Reykjavík Region Travel Guide: 1,584 reviews and 4,172 photos
Iceland was the trip of our lives.
We couldn't believe we were going, we couldn't believe it when we were there, and we still can't believe we were actually there! It always seemed so far away from the rest of civilization, but it is truly not that far. This country full of everything imaginable is one of the rare gems in this world. Make every effort possible to go, while expensive, every dollar (or Krona) you spend is well worth it.
Please make sure you visit the waterfall pictured above. It's called the Seljalandfoss and it is about two hours away from Reykjavik. Not only is it breathtakingly beautiful but you can walk behind the waterfall and see it from an angle that very few get to see. One of my favorite spots in Iceland!
Reykjavik is in fact the world's northernmost capital, but don't be deceived. The capital is not frozen in ice. It is a city rich in culture and filled with colorful houses. The restaurants are many and delicious. I really miss my time in Reykjavik. Be sure to bring money because it is a rather expensive city.
A great website for travel information in Reykjavik is:
This picture of the Hallgrimskirkja is worth adding to the mainpage. The reflection of the sunset on the tower was just breathtaking. The best thing was that this was the view from my hotel room. Visit my must see activities for more on the Hallgrimskirkja.
Be sure to visit the tourist information center on Bankastræti 2.
- Pros:Vibrant city, rich in culture, beautiful populous
- Cons:Expensive city, only ideal to visit in Summer
- In a nutshell:Sure it's the northernmost capital, but it's as hot and happening as any other place on Earth!
One thing that really made Reykjavik so great was that the roads in Reykjavik seemed to lead somewhere (even if it was... more travel advice
Iceland is considered by various whale watching experts and tour operators as Europe's new 'Hot Spot', with... more travel advice
- Warnings in Reykjavik
- Wild nights in Reykjavik
- See All Around Iceland
- See All Unpredictable weather
- Icelandic Horses
seamandrew's Related Pages
Reykjavík Region Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Iceland - in winter!"
- "Reykjavik 101"
- "Seamandrew's Reykjavik Region Page"
- "Reykjavik - wonderland :)"
- "Iceland, a small country with big heart"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reykjavík Region
- Hotels in Reykjavík Region
- Transportation in Reykjavík Region
- Nightlife in Reykjavík Region
- Restaurants in Reykjavík Region
- Shopping in Reykjavík Region
- Warnings and Dangers in Reykjavík Region
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Reykjavík Region
- 46 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Reykjavík Region?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reykjavík Region
- Posted in Travel Forum "Re: Your travel plans for 2003"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wild nights in Reykjavik"
- updated a Reykjavík Region Travel Page "Seamandrew's Reykjavik Region Page"
- Wrote a Review "You're on the road to nowhere" in Reykjavík Region Favorites
- Commented on one of Bjorgvin's Reykjavík Region travel pages
Photos in Reykjavík RegionSee All Photos (70)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 93 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 78 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 34 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Region Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hobart Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gmunden Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salzburg Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos