"Seamandrew's Reykjavik Region Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Region by seamandrew

Reykjavík Region Travel Guide: 1,589 reviews and 4,185 photos

Iceland

Iceland was the trip of our lives.
We couldn't believe we were going, we couldn't believe it when we were there, and we still can't believe we were actually there! It always seemed so far away from the rest of civilization, but it is truly not that far. This country full of everything imaginable is one of the rare gems in this world. Make every effort possible to go, while expensive, every dollar (or Krona) you spend is well worth it.

Please make sure you visit the waterfall pictured above. It's called the Seljalandfoss and it is about two hours away from Reykjavik. Not only is it breathtakingly beautiful but you can walk behind the waterfall and see it from an angle that very few get to see. One of my favorite spots in Iceland!

Reykjavik

Reykjavik is in fact the world's northernmost capital, but don't be deceived. The capital is not frozen in ice. It is a city rich in culture and filled with colorful houses. The restaurants are many and delicious. I really miss my time in Reykjavik. Be sure to bring money because it is a rather expensive city.

A great website for travel information in Reykjavik is:

This picture of the Hallgrimskirkja is worth adding to the mainpage. The reflection of the sunset on the tower was just breathtaking. The best thing was that this was the view from my hotel room. Visit my must see activities for more on the Hallgrimskirkja.

Reykjavik Continued

Be sure to visit the tourist information center on Bankastræti 2.

• Pros:Vibrant city, rich in culture, beautiful populous
  • Cons:Expensive city, only ideal to visit in Summer
  • In a nutshell:Sure it's the northernmost capital, but it's as hot and happening as any other place on Earth!
  • Last visit to Reykjavík Region: Sep 2002
  • Intro Updated Feb 27, 2004

seamandrew

“The world is a book, those who do not travel read only a page.”

Badges & Stats in Reykjavík Region

Have you been to Reykjavík Region?