"Seamandrew's Maui Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Maui by seamandrew

Maui Travel Guide: 1,631 reviews and 4,433 photos

Maui: Island Paradise

When I was told that after going to Maui, I would think of anything and everything that I could possibly do to make a living there, I scoffed at the idea. Who would consider the notion of dropping everything and moving to that tiny state out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Well, I must say that after visitng, I wish nothing more than to spend the rest of my life there. You might ask, "Could it possibly be that beautiful?" The answer, "Oh God, YES!"

Maui was by definition breathtaking. There wasn't a beach, forest, or hill that left you dumbfounded. It was the kind of natural beauty that you see on TV or in a movie, but you never grasp how amazing it is on that flat screen. Seeing it in person, surrounded by it on all four sides was just awe inspiring.

By now I must have used up every extreme adjective for beautiful, but unfortunately no one word can describe this island paradise. There is a local saying, Maui No Ka Oi, which means Maui is the best. Perhaps that's the simplest, yet most precise thing you can say. Please read on into my various tips. My wife and I have tried to provide as much factual data in conjunction with anecdotal information to try to encompass all the beauty and wonder of Maui. Have fun and be sure to have your credit card handy. You will most likely want to buy a ticket after seeing all the wonderful pictures. Aloha!

• Pros:World's most beautiful beaches, volcanoes, lush forests, amazing marine life.
  • Cons:Expensive beyond belief, speed limits too slow!
  • In a nutshell:Paradise = Maui
  • Last visit to Maui: Feb 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 25, 2004

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Great tips Andrew!

• Feb 9, 2010 at 5:12 AM

Fantastic Maui page! Hopefully going to Maui as part of our Honeymoon in July and your page has been really helpful. Thanks for sharing such great pictures and great tips! Will definitely have to get a copy of that Maui Revealed book! Cheers :-)

• Oct 15, 2008 at 6:05 PM

Your page is great! I just book a trip and it really helped me decide what I wanted to do! I now HAVE to see the sunrise at Haleakala crater. Thanks!

• April1985's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2008 at 1:47 PM

you page is amazing ! i so want to go to maui !

• Jul 18, 2008 at 2:27 PM

Best fish taco's and onion rings ever!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2006 at 9:30 AM

We've always prefered quiet Molokai after getting stuck in traffic on Maui. But after reading your tips maybe we'll give it another chance. Birthday greetings from Alaska!

• joefred28's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2005 at 1:08 PM

The Pipiwai trail really looks great, I'll have to look at your other travelogs too when I get the time.. Love your photo of the entry to the bamboo forest.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2005 at 7:03 PM

Wow, after reading your page I feel like I never saw the "real" Maui; I guess we need to go back there! Great info. on whales & other sea life. Great pictures too!

• Mairo21's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2005 at 2:16 AM

Loved your pages of Maui. Glad you enjoyed your stay here. I have lived here my whole life, and your pages are put together perfectly!!! Couldn't have explained it better myself. Aloha

• jasta_305's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2005 at 10:05 AM

Your pictures are beautiful- I've always heard Maui was beautiful, now I definately want to get married there! Any suggestions?

seamandrew

“The world is a book, those who do not travel read only a page.”

Badges & Stats in Maui