"Seamandrew's Traunkirchen Page" Traunkirchen by seamandrew

Traunkirchen Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 60 photos

One of the most memorable parts of my December 2004 trips to Austria was my visit to Traunkirchen. This wonderfully pictuesque town situated on the west coast of the Traunsee (Lake Traun) can be considered by many a dream to live in. A former fishing village, Traunkirchen is an attractive jewel on Traunsee's western shore. There was a good deal to see in Traunkirchen and a number of nice hiking trails to please even the more adventerous visitors.

We were very fortunate to have our own travel guide for the trip. VT's very own VT'er Globetrott! Thanks Michael!

• Pros:Location that is heavenly, gorgeous views of the lake
  • Cons:Parking is extremely limited, that might be a pro though!
  • In a nutshell:A lovely town that is worth a visit if you're visiting Gmunden and the Traunsee.
  • Last visit to Traunkirchen: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 3, 2005

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2005 at 1:41 PM

This page is a treasure!! Thanks for showing me this lovely alpine town, I'd hike up to get the views for sure. Regards, Pam :-)

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2005 at 9:25 AM

Another excellent page and pics. A beautiful place, unknown to me till now. Thanks.

• Jan 21, 2005 at 10:30 AM

You saw more of my homecountry than I did, because I often heared about it, but I never saw Fischerkanzel in reality !

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2005 at 8:39 AM

I passed Traunkirchen on my way back from Munich to Goettlesbrunn. I had to stop at Wolfgangsee. It seems that I have missed a wonderful place. But it was raining heavily! Next time I have to take more time to explore this place.

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2005 at 6:52 AM

Nice job on this little Austrian town. Too bad you didn't stop and eat here.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2005 at 1:23 PM

an excellent page & brilliant pics, Drew !! Traunstein and Fischerkanzel are a must when visiting Austria !

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2005 at 9:57 AM

I also enjoyed my trip to Austria!...

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2005 at 8:54 PM

the cementeries realy look unique beautiful area around Traunkirchen, lovely page

seamandrew

“The world is a book, those who do not travel read only a page.”

Badges & Stats in Traunkirchen

Have you been to Traunkirchen?

Latest Activity in Traunkirchen