Barcelona Favorite Tips by seamandrew Top 5 Page for this destination
Barcelona Favorites: 662 reviews and 705 photos
The Barcelona Skyline as seen from Montjuïc.
Favorite thing: Because of it's location on the Mediterranean, the skyline of Barcelona is certainly quite unique. While it is a large city, it houses just a small number of skyscrapers (mostly hotels) allowing other buildings (like the Sagrada Familia) to stand out in the skyline. With Tibidabo or the Mediterranean as the backdrop, you can only start to imagine what a wonderful view this must be. The best places to soak in this splendid view is either from Montjuïc or from the hills of Tibidabo.
Fondest memory: When this picture was taken, Liz and I had just arrived in Barcelona earlier that day and had decided to explorer Montju?c. Fortunately, we made it to this lookout point before the sunset had begun. The view was spectacular and it was the first sign that this trip was going to be great.
Sunrise at Platja Sant Sebastià
Favorite thing: One of Barcelona's loveliest features is it's location on the astoundingly beautiful Mediterranean Sea. The beaches of Barcelona are not grand but they are very nice. I strongly recommend you stop by and breath in the fresh sea air.
Fondest memory: On our very last day in Barcelona, Liz and I experienced our first Mediterranean sunset at the Barcelona beach (Platja Sant Sebastià). We got up real early and walked down to the beach (about a 30-40 minute walk from hour hotel). Once we were there we sat on the beach for about 20 more minutes before the sun peeked over the clouds. It was quite a site and so beautiful. It was a great way to end our trip.
More Reviews (91)
- Only suggestions
- Be aware of your belongings
- See All Salvador Dalí
- See All Plaça de Gaudí
- See All For those stubborn Americans!
- See All Sagrat Cor
seamandrew's Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- "Gaudi is Not the Only Site in the City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 93 Reviews
- 127 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 44 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
- Posted in Travel Forum "Re: Your travel plans for 2003"
- Commented on one of Kristina1701's Barcelona travel pages
- Wrote a Review Only suggestions about Cameras and Extra Film in Barcelona What to Pack
- updated a Barcelona Travel Page "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
Photos in BarcelonaSee All Photos (127)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 93 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 78 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 34 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Region Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hobart Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gmunden Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salzburg Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Sagrada Familia- 441 Reviews, 924 Photos
- Las Ramblas- 224 Reviews, 358 Photos
- Parc Guell- 320 Reviews, 663 Photos
- Tibidabo- 57 Reviews, 109 Photos
- Casa Milà - La Pedrera- 185 Reviews, 357 Photos
- Montjuic- 83 Reviews, 179 Photos
- Plaça Reial- 59 Reviews, 103 Photos
- Casa Batlló- 122 Reviews, 256 Photos
- Monument a Colon - Columbus Monument- 92 Reviews, 162 Photos
- Parc de la Ciutadella (PARC CLOSED)- 81 Reviews, 155 Photos
See All Barcelona Things to Do