"Seamandrew's Barcelona Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona by seamandrew
Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,675 reviews and 22,155 photos
Barcelona is certainly a city of many wonders. Elisabeth and I were captivated from the moment we walked out of the train station onto the street. We knew right away, this was like no other city either one of us had been to before.
Barcelona is a port city located on the Mediterranean Sea between the Llobregat and Besos rivers. In 1992, the world turned their attention to Spain's second largest city when Barcelona hosted the 1992 Summer Olympics. Today, Barcelona is still basking in the success that the games brought them. Through Barcelona's newfound popularity, the city has slid gracefully into the 21st century. The boom in tourism alone is evidenced from the number of new Barcelona pages here on VT! Although the Olympic Games did a great deal to boost tourism, Barcelona has always been a city that has fascinated and captivated world travelers for hundred of years. We of course were no exception!
Barcelona is bursting with cultural energy and has become one of the most popular tourist destinations throughout Europe. Vacationers could spend days wandering around the city, just admiring Barcelona's unique architecture. One example is the Templo Expiatorio de la Sagrada Familia (Sagrada Familia for short), an unfinished cathedral designed by Antonio Gaudí that dominates the city's skyline. Not only is there an abundant amount of history to be seen in Barcelona, but the city is as modern and as hip as any other throughout the world (well that I've been to anyways). The city is a shopper's paradise with everything from modern fashions to art and hand-crafted pottery for sale. There are also a large number of restaurants that are sure to please even the most discerning palates. This is a city that never sleeps, the nightclubs don't even get pumping until well after midnight.
Located on the warm Mediterranean sea, temperatures never drop to the extremes so the city can be explored at any time of the year. It's a city to be missed by none!
I also had to add this one picture which is so typical and so reminiscent of Barcelona. I feel this was is some ways, my best picture of Barcelona because it was so 'real'.
Many of the apartments in the various neighborhoods throught Barcelona have these long balconies which the locals have adorned, stocked, or equipped with various things. This lady for example was watering her plants and also using the balcony as a storage place for her bicycle.
- Pros:City Rich with Culture and History and beautiful architecture
- Cons:Certain places seemed run down and neglected.
- In a nutshell:A romantic gem in Europe
Pack light when traveling to Barcelona, especially if you want to use public transportation. It makes your life much... more travel advice
Many people visit Spain to see the great works of Dalí. Exhibits run through the city all the time and his works can be... more travel advice
- See All For those stubborn Americans!
- See All Sagrat Cor
- See All Tramvia Blau (Blue Tram)
- See All Camp Nou Stadium
seamandrew's Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- "Gaudi is Not the Only Site in the City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 93 Reviews
- 127 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 45 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
- Posted in Travel Forum "Re: Your travel plans for 2003"
- Commented on one of Kristina1701's Barcelona travel pages
- Wrote a Review Only suggestions about Cameras and Extra Film in Barcelona What to Pack
- updated a Barcelona Travel Page "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
Photos in BarcelonaSee All Photos (127)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 93 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 78 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 34 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Region Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hobart Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gmunden Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salzburg Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos