Monistrol de Montserrat Transportation Tips by seamandrew Top 5 Page for this destination
Monistrol de Montserrat Transportation: 17 reviews and 26 photos
The R5 takes you to Montserrat
Just take the FGC train (R5) from Plaça d'Espanya Station in Barcelona and go to either the cable car stop or the funicular stop. I suggest the first stop, the cable car, for it's remarkable view! Make sure you buy the combination ticket before leaving Plaça d'Espanya Station(saves you some money!)
Phone: +34 93 205.15.15
Aeri Station on Montserrat
Look for this building when you're done exploring Monserrat. It is the Montserrat Station for the Aeri which will take you back down the the train or parking lot.
The steep descent is facilitated by the funicular.
There are several things to see once you get to the top of Montserrat. Much of this is facilitated by a number of funiculars that run from the monastery to some of the other key sites. The rides are very cheap, and if you buy the combination ticket for the train from Barcelona to Montserrat, and the gondola up to the peak, then you'll get free ride on these funiculars. They take care of all the steep climbs that would otherwise take hours and would only be for the very fit!
Yellow gondola takes you to the monastery.
You have two options to go up to the monastery. The first is the gondola, the second the funicular. The quickest way is the gondola because it is the first stop on the train route (the funicular leaves from the next station) and it gets to the top in just 5-7 minutes where as the funicular takes a bit longer. The view is just awesome from the gondola anyway! You can by the combination ticket at the Plaça d'Espanya Station in Barcelona which includes the train ride, the gondola, and all funiculars up at the monastery.
More Reviews (11)
seamandrew's Related Pages
Monistrol de Montserrat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- " Seamandrew's Monistrol de Montserrat Page "
- "MONTSERRAT IN RAIN"
- "Home of the La Moreneta"
- "monistrol de montserrat"
- "Monserrat, a quick trip from Barcelona"
- "Montserrat in Catalunya"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monistrol de Montserrat
- Hotels in Monistrol de Montserrat
- Transportation in Monistrol de Montserrat
- Restaurants in Monistrol de Montserrat
- Warnings and Dangers in Monistrol de Montserrat
- See All...
Explore the World
- Northumberland Hotels
- Surrey Hotels
- Jerome Hotels
- Betatakin Overlook Hotels
- Bad Bramstedt
Badges & Stats in Monistrol de Montserrat
- 15 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Monistrol de Montserrat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monistrol de Montserrat
- Posted in Travel Forum "Re: Your travel plans for 2003"
- Commented on one of Sininen's Monistrol de Montserrat travel pages
- updated a Monistrol de Montserrat Travel Page " Seamandrew's Monistrol de Montserrat Page "
- Wrote a Review Cor de l'Escolania in Monistrol de Montserrat Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cor de l'Escolania"
Photos in Monistrol de MontserratSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 93 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 78 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 34 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Region Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hobart Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gmunden Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salzburg Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos