"Seamandrew's Höfn Page" Höfn by seamandrew
Höfn Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 167 photos
Elisabeth and I didn't actually visit Höfn but we did go to Jökulsarlón just south of it. Jökulsarlón is a glacial lagoon created by a large part of the Vatnajökull glacier sliding into the lagoon. The result, icebergs in a small lagoon (quite a phenomenon actually). These eventually melt a bit and make there way to the sea where they are lost to the ocean. Jökulsarlón is one of those absolutely must see places in Iceland. It's about a 4-5 hour drive from Reykjavik but well worth the drive. Be sure to take the boat tour (amphibious vehicles are always a treat!) and taste the ice on board. Also, if you're lucky, you'll see seals inside the lagoon.
- Pros:Only place I know where you can get close to an iceberg.
Without a doubt, Jökulsarlón is one of Iceland's most beautiful treasures. There are few places in the world when you... more travel advice
seamandrew's Related Pages
Höfn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A trip between Iceberg"
- "Sharrie's Hofn Bond-age"
- "The Smelly Fishing Village !"
- "Hofn Glacier Adventure"
- " Jökulsárlón & Höfn Area "
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Höfn
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Höfn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Höfn
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 93 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 78 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 34 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Region Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hobart Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gmunden Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salzburg Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos