Ísafjörður Restaurant Tips by seamandrew
Ísafjörður Restaurants: 4 reviews and 4 photos
Thai Koon...cozy isn't it
This little Thai restaurant located on the premises of the town's supermarket, has very limited menu each day, but whatever is offered is generally quite good. What I love about the place is the name. When I read the name I thought it was one of those double meanings (Thai-Koon=tycoon), but I f ound it that Koon is the name of a Thai flower. Nonetheless, I continue to believe my idea) Try it out, we did and our freinds had dinner there two of the three nights we were there.
Favorite Dish: Their noodles are great but the pork dish I had was amazing. I don't remember what it was called. Whatever they make, is made with love!
Address: Hafnarstræti 9-13, 400 Isafjörudur
Comparison: less expensive than average
Theme: Pan-Asian and Pacific Rim
This Pizzeria was surprisingly good for a pizzeria outside of the New York area. I obviously have a bias for my local pizzerias. The fact that I recommend this place only speaks to it's good pizza! Definitely worth visiting.
Favorite Dish: The Hawaiian Pizza was a big hit.
Address: Norðurvegi 1, 400 Isafjörudur
Comparison: about average
This bakery was the only one we found in Ísafjörður. To it´s credit it was great! They had amazing sweets and great hot chocoloate. If you stay at the Hotel Ísafjörður, the bakery is right across the plaza.
Favorite Dish: Hot chocolate. It was nice and sweet!
Address: Aðalstræti 24, 400 Ísafjörður
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Across the street from the Hotel Ísafjörður.
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (6)
seamandrew's Related Pages
Ísafjörður Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seamandrew's Ísafjörður page"
- "LOVELIEST CITY IN THE NORTH WEST OF ICELAND"
- "Isafjordhur, part of an Iceland trip."
- "Iceland - the roundtrip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ísafjörður
- Hotels in Ísafjörður
- Transportation in Ísafjörður
- Restaurants in Ísafjörður
- See All...
Explore the World
- Rendsburg Hotels
- Jementah Hotels
- Province of Bulacan Hotels
- Mingo Cay Hotels
Badges & Stats in Ísafjörður
- 9 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Ísafjörður?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ísafjörður
Photos in ÍsafjörðurSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 93 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 78 reviews, 119 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 66 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 34 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Region Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hobart Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut Intro, 27 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gmunden Intro, 23 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salzburg Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos